Laughable memories

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by Grammy Teacher, Sep 18, 2005.

1. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Sep 18, 2005

What has made you laugh time and time again?
    My mom lost her bra in the grocery store one time. I laugh every time I think about it.

3. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Sep 18, 2005

I am drawing a blank right now, but I am sure curious to hear about your mom's bra story! :eek:

4. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Sep 18, 2005

How did your mom lose her bra at the grocery store?

Lets see one that makes me laugh is once when I was getting ready to go out, and was running late, I jumped out of the shower and towel dried my hair. Then put some mousse in it. The only problem was the mousse ended up not being hair mousse but flea mousse for the kittens I was fostering at the time. I didn't have time to rewash my hair. So I said what ever went out as is. Someone asked what scent I had on. They really liked the smell LOL.
    And of course I had to tell my close friend at the time and to this day I haven't been able to live it down.

5. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Sep 18, 2005

Ha! Good one Jamiemarie!
    My mom has never figured out why her bra was laying sprawled out across the grocery aisle as she shopped. The only thing she can figure is that she got dressed so quickly and "thought" she had put it on, but really didn't and for some reason it was hanging onto her shirt or something! When she saw it laying there, other people were around, but everyone was too embarrassed to react! I swear I would have been rolling on the floor laughing. She looked at it and looked around and said. "OH!" And she put it in her purse and continued shopping!!!

6. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Sep 18, 2005

Another time she was driving into the gas station and literally 'DROVE into the gas station!" She was so excited she kept pushing on the gas pedal and pushed the whole side of the building in !!! She is alot like I Love Lucy!

7. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Sep 18, 2005

I remember a story that my sister told me about when she first started dating her now husband. Back when she went to college, men were not allowed to be anywhere in the female dorms, except the "calling" room when they were to pick them up for a date. They also got locked out after a certain hour (wow, pretty different now!, but that's another story). Anyhow, her now husband, then FIRST DATE, arrived to pick her up. She was running late, so quickly put some things in her purse (lipstick, money, etc., ) and snapped her purse shut. Well, here she comes, thinking she's looking pretty good and all the dates are sitting on the couch, waiting for their girls, and my sister goes strutting by them all, only to have her date point out that her underwear was hanging out of her purse! :eek: She was so embarrassed, and everyone saw it. In her haste to grab her purse, she grabbed the undies that were on her dresser as well! They laugh about that to this day, and they have been married for 34 years! What makes it even funnier is that everything was so proper back then..........can you imagine the thoughts going through my bil head??????? LOL!

8. gigi

gigi Groupie

Sep 18, 2005

A funny memory, just one of many after 33 years of marriage, is the one I love to tell in front of all my husband's fellow firefighters. We were at camp, and camp being camp, it had mice. Our kitten was crashing around at 1 in the morning and we woke up to investigate. We turned on the living room light and the kitten dropped a mouse on my husband's bare foot! He screamed like a girl!!

9. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Sep 18, 2005

I would scream to oh wait but I am a girl! LOL that is funny.
    Where is your camp? My bf's family has one in Northern Maine.

10. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Sep 18, 2005

Kinderkids your poor sister how embarassing. That happened to me once sort of. Some how my undies got stuck in my pant leg and decided to peak out the bottom while I was walking down the stairs at the ski mt. Of course my coach's son had to point them out!

Grammy,
    Your poor mom. I can't believe she ran into the station. I take it she wasn't hurt.

11. BethMI

BethMI Cohort

Sep 19, 2005

OMG, Grammy, LOL!!!!! Hysterical!

One that makes me laugh, and also embarrases the heck out of me...I picked my son (about 1 at the time) up from daycare. The teachers all looked at me kind of funny, and one said, "Um, Beth, we found something in A---'s coat." I got all red, I had washed his coat the night before. Apparently a pair of my underwear had gotten staticed (nice word!) to the inside of his hood-same color. One teacher went to dress him for outside and thought he had a hat in his hood. She tried to put my underwear on my son's head!!! I was mortified. Thank goodness they were clean!

12. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Sep 19, 2005

Funny! Thanks for sharing, Beth!

13. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Sep 19, 2005

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was hilarious!!!!!!!!! I bet your son was mortified too! I can't imagine, YES, good thing they were clean!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA. I bet those teachers are still having a good laugh over that one. What is it about all those unmentionables mentioned in these stories, too funny!

14. AMK

AMK Aficionado

Sep 19, 2005

When my mom got her license she drive down to where her grandmother and aunts lived in her mom's new car. She was so excited that she stuck her head out the window and was waving and drove into their front porch. There wasn't too much damage done but my mom was so upset she refused to drive home so her mom had to take the bus and pick the car and her daughter up. But that night her older brother took the new car out and totaled it. Needless to say my grandmother was not happy.

15. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Sep 19, 2005

AMK.........I am rolling with laughter!!!!!!!!!!!!Oh my gosh how terrible and funny at the same time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thanks!

16. CanadianTeacher

CanadianTeacher Groupie

Sep 19, 2005

I can't believe how many people have those bra and undies sticking out of pant legs and arm hole stories! Now mine doesn't sound so original. I was working out at Taekwondo class (also with my two kids); we were jogging around the gym to warm up and my bra fell out of my son's pant leg. It was laying there in the middle of the gym and everyone was either pretending they didn't see it or totally clueless. I didn't know it came out of my son's pant leg and when I noticed it, it looked familiar, but couldn't figure out how it could be mine. When I stopped to take a closer look (without touching it of course in case it wasn't mine, lol) I realized it was mine and I was mortified! It was one of my old ratty ones besides that. I threw it out right there!

17. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Sep 19, 2005

That is hilarious. I am just cracking up as I read these posts. And why does that happen....... when people act like it really isn't there.......the elephant in the room! LOL! Of course, it had to be an old ratty one to boot! As I said before, how come all of us have a story about our unmentionables? :p

18. CanadianTeacher

CanadianTeacher Groupie

Sep 19, 2005

It's amazing how people can manage to keep a straight face, ignoring something that's happening right in front of them because they are too embarrassed to acknowledge it. Personally, after the initial shock, I got a good laugh about it. There's nothing better than being able to laugh at yourself once in a while.

19. AMK

AMK Aficionado

Sep 20, 2005

I have a bra that clips in the front. One year during parent teacher conferences I wore that bra under a black shirt. During one of the meetings the bra snapped open in the front and I didn't know what to do. I had to fix it b/c you could tell something was wrong. I discreetly fixed it and praying at the same time the parents didn't notice. I threw that bra away when I got home.

20. Lovelabs

Lovelabs Comrade

Sep 20, 2005

As I was on my way out the door to yard duty, a huge gust of wind caught my skirt and flipped it over my head!!! There were kids all around and here I am with my skirt up over my head...and it's stuck on my hair clip!!!!!!! I was so embarrassed!

21. CanadianTeacher

CanadianTeacher Groupie

Sep 20, 2005

Lovelabs, that one is hilarious (not for you, I'm sure though)!

22. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Sep 20, 2005

LOL! That is funny, but I'm sure totally embarrassing for you :eek: . I can't imagine!

23. Lovelabs

Lovelabs Comrade

Sep 20, 2005

It's funny now. It's one of our art teacher's favorite stories to tell...HE teases me unmercifully!

24. mommaruthie

mommaruthie Aficionado

Sep 20, 2005

Here is one that my husband doesnt let me live it down.

I wanted to go to a movie but didnt want to be out late and we couldnt take our two very young children to the theater because they wouldnt sit quiet. So, we were making plans to go to the drive in theater, and since it was such a far drive I wanted to know if there was an earlier showing of the movie. So, I asked my husband, 'is there a matinee?'

25. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Sep 20, 2005

ruthie,
    I don't want to offend anyone, but that sounds like you had a "blonde" moment! LOL! (oh, and by the way, I'm blonde :) )

26. Danny'sNanny

Danny'sNanny Connoisseur

Sep 20, 2005

Last week I was going to my aunt's house to do my laundry. I hauled my overflowing hamper out to the car, and then I went across the street to run some errands. About 30 minutes later I walked back over to my car, and I saw that my bras had fallen out and were lying the middle of the parking lot! Well, hopefully not too many people saw them.

But my favorite funny story was one afternoon I was watching several boys from a few different families. We decided to play a game and my sister (who was about 13) wanted to play too. The game we were playing was Apples to Apples, where there is a card with an adjective on it out on the table, and everyone puts down a card with the noun that best fits. The kids really love it. Well anyway, the adjective was "small," and one of the little boys said "I wish I had a card that said Alli's boobs!" My poor sister was so embarassed, but neither of us could stop laughing! That story still cracks me up!

27. Mable

Mable Enthusiast

Sep 20, 2005

When I was young, I had to catch the bus to school every morning. Our driveway was dirt and a pretty good downhill grade. I would sit on our front porch in the wee hours of the morning (6 a.m. ish) and listen for the bus because if I wasn't right at the end of the driveway, it would drive right past me.

One cold, snowy morning I was bundled up in my hand-me-down larger than life down blue parka and heard the bus coming. I jumped off the porch and started running for the end of the driveway. Well, my feet slipped out from underneath me and I SLID all the way on my stomach to the end of the driveway just in time for the bus.

It still gets me giggling. Just imagine a human sled. I have more bus stories to come....

28. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Sep 20, 2005

keep those great stories coming everyone!!! THey are all so funny! Good to laugh at night after a long day with the KIDS!

29. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

Sep 21, 2005

I have a few...go figure hey?

My mom use to love wearing tube tops back in 'the day'. At a Brewer's game a moth went down the front of her top and as she swatted at it she ended up pushing the whole top down to her waist. Thank goodness other people were distracted by the man peeing in a tire out in the parking lot. However, we still saw it:)!

Around the same time our family went to Noah's Ark (a large water park in WI) and her boob fell out of her swim suit. She would have made it out discreetly is it wasn't for some little boy yelling to his mom, "mommy, that ladies boobie is hanging out". My mom is also quite 'filled out' so it's not too hard for anyone to notice when stuff like that happens to her.

On another note, ruthie, I have had my fair share of blonde moments myself and I'm not even a natural blonde, only highlights! However, I'll share one my hubby still teases me about today. Do any of you have the stoplights that beep? If not, they are to direct blind people to know when to cross the road. I, on the other hand, was not aware of what the beeping was for when I first heard it. Here is a scripted version of when me and my husband were driving.

Me: "What is that beeping noise"?
    Hubby: "Honey, it's for the blind people".
    Me: "What are blind people doing driving cars"?

In all honesty, I wasn't even joking...that's the horrible part. All our friends still tease me about it and I will never live it down.

30. Lovelabs

Lovelabs Comrade

Sep 21, 2005

Oh my ...that's great. I thought I was the only one who said things like that! Too funny!

31. Danny'sNanny

Danny'sNanny Connoisseur

Sep 21, 2005

my car got shot with a paintball gun once, and it broke the cover on my taillight. my boyfriend had me convinced that i was leaking blinker fluid, i argued with him for a while but he got all of his friends in on it, and who was I to argue with a whole bunch of guys?

They still tease me about that.

32. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

Sep 21, 2005

Oh my! I'm crying and have to go to the bathroom. I should have waited to read this thread.

I always tell my students to walk slowly up and down the steps to our classroom. In February (very cold) during our schools state visit, I bounded down the stairs to go get them from special class. Needless to say, I twisted my ankle. By the end of the day it was really swollen. Being me, I waited for 3 weeks to go to the doctor (I did the same thing when I broke a finger a few years ago). I thought "Oh, it'll be fine. It just hurts whenever I walk." The doctor took an x-ray and it was broken. He said "I can give you drugs for the pain, and put on a cast which will cost a lot of money. Or I could just give you the drugs since a cast wouldn't make any difference at this point." Guess which one I went for. I knew there was a reason I told my kids to walk down those steps. Now I can use it for my kids this year. I've got an interesting scar on the top of my foot from it.

33. Lovelabs

Lovelabs Comrade

Sep 21, 2005

It was a very snowy, icy day. My husband came to pick me up in his truck. When I got to the truck, he stepped out for a second to get ice off of the wipers. In the meantime, he hadn't noticed I had slid on the ice and was completely under the truck. He's saying, "Honey? Where are you?". Of course, I was laughing so hard I couldn't talk. Finally he heard me gasp for breath. Just call me Grace!

34. Danny'sNanny

Danny'sNanny Connoisseur

Sep 21, 2005

I've locked my keys in the car with it running- twice!

35. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Sep 21, 2005

A long time ago, I sent my husband grocery shopping. He saw watermelon for 19 cents a pound , but he thought it said 19 cents apiece! So, he filled up his cart with as many watermelon as he could get in it and went to checkout! Boy was he embarrassed!!!

36. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

Sep 22, 2005

How sad is this? I did the same thing once but my son was in the car as well. He was an infant and it was in the middle of winter. Thank the Lord the heat was on and another thanks to the guy who happend to have a clothes hanger in his car used specifically for that purpose. At the time I didn't have automatic locks on my doors. I always drive with the doors locked so when I went to go close my son's side, I forgot to unlock my side first. I felt like such a bad mommy!

37. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Sep 22, 2005

JenPooh, is that your little boy?!!! He is sooooooooo cute!!!

38. myangel52

myangel52 Comrade

Sep 22, 2005

*quote*
    Me: "What is that beeping noise"?
    Hubby: "Honey, it's for the blind people".
    Me: "What are blind people doing driving cars"?
    *end quote*

On a side note, have you ever wondered why drive up bank machines (atm's or whatever) have Braille on them? :p

I probably would have had the same response as you, and I am not even close to being blond. :) Don't worry about it, just keep smiling.

39. Sugar'n'Spice

Sugar'n'Spice Rookie

Sep 22, 2005

Those are some stories. Probably not so funny at the time, but when you think back, it's def. a "haha" moment. Keep those stories coming, and I am trying to think of a laughable memory that I have had.

40. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Sep 22, 2005

Here's a "blonde' moment... and I am not blonde! My brother was coming to our house for the first time and called for directions. I gave him directions over the phone , address and all and then I said, "Let me give you our phone number in case you get lost." He said, "I JUST CALLED YOU!!!" I felt pretty dumb!

41. becky

becky Enthusiast

Sep 22, 2005

My firs husband was a sweet guy who would go to the store for me if I needed 'feminine supplies'.
    I sent him this one day, and since I didn't have a package to show him I had to describe what to get. He came home with the wrong thing, so I asked him to go back.
    This happened three times, and I knew the store had what I wanted! Come to find out the girls at the store were giving him the wrong things on purpose!
    Of course, he wouldn't go for me after that!