Late work

Discussion in 'Third Grade' started by missapril81, Aug 19, 2012.

1. missapril81

missapril81 Companion

Aug 19, 2012

How do you handle late work? Such as how many points per day do you take off for being late? Do they only get half credit? I am trying to rework my policies for this year and wanted other teachers' opinions.

3. Geauxtee

Geauxtee Comrade

Aug 20, 2012

In my school, we give a homework infraction if the homework isn't completed. It's a tiny sheet and the parents have to sign it. We don't really grade our homework. After so many homework infractions , they get a larger infraction and they miss their recess. (I'm new to this school this year, so I am not entirely sure 100 percent).

4. youngteacher22

youngteacher22 Rookie

Aug 22, 2012

I accept late homework throughout the week. Kids are trying to earn monthly effort club and they must have 100% HW to participate. Our school has a policy of detentions for missing homework assignments, so that deters late HW, too. If it is an home project that takes several days to do, I list a note in the rubric how many points are lost per day. But if it is a nightly assignment, I score it as 0 until it appears but don't take points away as lateness does not determine "understanding." I note problems with late work in that section of social skills in report card. Hope this helps.