late night in the classroom

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by MissFroggy, Aug 6, 2007.

1. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Aug 6, 2007

I can't believe how long I was at work today. I went to drop of some notebooks I had bought this afternoon and stayed 7 hours!!! But, aside from the decorations (bulletin boards, posters, etc.) my room is just about finished.

What's the latest you have stayed at work? I left at 9:20!

3. Deb06

Deb06 Companion

Aug 6, 2007

Wow! Sounds like you're almost set to go. :)

I called my principal last week and she told me I could bring in all of my supplies and materials today (I am moving from a different school.) Well I loaded up two SUV's full of materials and they were in the process of waxing my floor.... grr. Anyway, luckily there was a vacant room for me to place all of my stuff in until my room is finished.

You're so lucky you are almost finished! :) I bet you're exhausted!

4. MountainLover

MountainLover Rookie

Aug 7, 2007

Grrr.

We can't even start moving into our rooms until Wednesday, but the whole day, along with Thursday and Friday, is packed with meetings. I have to move rooms this year, much against my will, and will be spending MANY MANY long days at school next week to get ready for meet the teacher on Friday...YIKES!!! School starts two weeks from yesterday. I haven't ANY idea what I am doing in my room. Oh well...it will all work out!:)

5. Mrs. Mom

Mrs. Mom Cohort

Aug 7, 2007

I'll get back to you after Wed. I'm betting I can top you! HA
    I have 1 1/2 days to prepare my classroom before having a baby. So, I'm planning on making Wed., which is the first day we can get in, a marathon day!

6. Kteacher06

Kteacher06 Companion

Aug 7, 2007

I'm a workaholic during the school year. I also had a co-worker who basically lived at the school, so it was tough to keep up with her. Last year my para and I stayed at school until 1:00 am the night before the last day of school before winter break. We were making the gingerbread houses for the kids to decorate.

I can guarantee we won't be doing that again this year!!

7. msb0803

msb0803 Rookie

Aug 7, 2007

I was in my class until 11:00PM last night. I am almost done setting up. My room was nice and clean until last week when the construction crew came in and installed a new heating system, now my room is a dust bowl!

8. TeacherRW

TeacherRW Cohort

Aug 7, 2007

Last year I went to school around 5pm one evening and didn't leave until about 2:30am... the streets sure are quiet that time of night. :) I had just come home from our state softball tournament, my hubby was at the lake, my girls were spending the night at my parents as I played again early the next morning, and I was going to be "at home" all alone. I went to bed about 2:45, woke up at 7:45, was on the road by 8:15, and played three more games on Sunday. I had to start my room from scratch as I had moved rooms the last day of school and NOTHING was in its place and lots of bulletin boards to cover. I got a ton done that evening/morning. :) I'll do it again if given the opportunity... no interruptions from colleagues!

9. emmyblemmy

emmyblemmy Companion

Aug 7, 2007

We are not allowed to stay past 9 pm since the cleaning crew comes in soon after. The principal notes that it is also a safety issue. :)