Last week of Summer School....

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by ECE ABC, Jul 23, 2015.

1. ECE ABC

ECE ABC Comrade

Jul 23, 2015

I can't believe we are nearing the end of July and summer school. It was the quickest 4 weeks ever! I have 4 more days of summer school left and then my summer begins.

What is surprising to me (along with how quickly its going) is how completely exhausted I am!!!!

I had the most difficult time waking up each morning and then couldn't wait to come home and take a nap. It has been very hot and humid, and I am on a different schedule 8-1:15pm....with NO BREAK and with a child that needs 1:1 attention. I know he is a big reason for my exhaustion this summer...great kid, but very hyper!

Not complaining too much though, the 5 extra paychecks, having 3 day weekends and now, only 1 more week to go...

Cant wait for July 31st so my rest and rejuvenation can begin, I have never needed a break so badly:yawn:

3. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 23, 2015

Yeah, I don't know what happened this summer, but it feels like it's going by much, much quicker than past summers! Maybe the unusually cooler weather in my area has something to do w/ it since uncomfortably sweltering days seem to feel longer. Glad you'll get to relax soon! :thumb:

4. ECE ABC

ECE ABC Comrade

Jul 23, 2015

I agree our weather started out cooler and rainy, it felt like October. Now this week, it has been hot and humid which makes the days feel a bit longer, I just can't believe how draining it is..i literally take 2 hour naps when I get home and THEN I eat lunch around 3:30, its just crazy.

I am so looking forward to just relaxing soon..hope August goes sloooooooowly though:cool:

5. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

Jul 24, 2015

Good for you, we have less than two weeks and we will be back in school.

6. ECE ABC

ECE ABC Comrade

Jul 24, 2015

I am assuming you got out a lot earlier then we did if you are already going back so soon.

We got out June 16th, which was actually early for us. We usually have to stay until late June to make up all of our snow days. This year it changed...they took away one of our winter breaks (in February) so we could automatically get out earlier.

Enjoy the next 2 weeks :)