Last Days of School Activities

Discussion in 'Third Grade' started by missapril81, May 9, 2014.

1. missapril81

missapril81 Companion

May 9, 2014

I am trying to rethink what I do the last few days of school with my students. Usually I have 5 days of themed activities. I wanted to redo some things I did in the past and also add some new things. I am not sure when my last official day will be due to I am having a c section at end of the month. If you could give me some suggestions that would be great. I know right now we will still be reading from our How to Eat Friend Worms book, correlating activities and doing a persuasive essay, and The Great Mail Race.

3. gr3teacher

gr3teacher Phenom

May 10, 2014

Are you thinking about your own last days, or the last days for your kids? I always finish the last week by doing some type of project based around whatever topic they enjoyed most during the year. Last year, it was Greek Mythology. This year looks like it'll be something based on Egypt.

4. iteachbx

iteachbx Enthusiast

May 24, 2014

We're going to have an afternoon of playing minute to win it games one day, have an end of year party (where we'll premiere our video slideshow for the year) and watch Charlie and The Chocolate Factory, since we recently read the book.

5. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

May 25, 2014

Besides a party and a games day, we did a lot of cleaning and sorting. I think the kids liked the clean-your-desks with shaving cream day the best of all. If you have any supplies, trinkets, BB cutouts that you don't want to keep, offer them to the kids and let them take turns picking. Also, if your kids haven't written letters to next year's class, you can do that one day.

6. CFClassroom

CFClassroom Connoisseur

Jun 1, 2014

How about a Minute to Win It Party?

I try to wrap everything up on the day before the last day (clean up the classroom, send home all student work, etc) so that the last day is truly just a day to enjoy each other and reflect on the year. Happy Summer.

7. Lynn K.

Lynn K. Habitué

Jun 1, 2014

My 4th graders are creating their own math games. They had to choose a math skill/topic to focus on, a format for their game, and a theme (beach balls, Halloween, etc.). Tomorrow they will continue making all the pieces needed - game board, task cards, playing pieces, spinners. Then they have to write directions. My hope is they'll be able to finish and share and still have time to play the others' games. (But Wednesday's our last day, so...)