lanyards

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Rabbitt, Sep 5, 2009.

1. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Jul 26, 2015

Have you thought about wearing it on your wrist or arm instead of around your neck?

2. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 26, 2015

I refuse to wear mine as a 'necklace'....when I did, I got it aught on doorknobs, etc and just didn't like the way it took away from my outfits... My schoolgave us generic black break away lanyards with school name on them when they started requiring IDs. i wear mine around my waist. Not going to spend money on this.

3. Go Blue!

Go Blue! Connoisseur

Jul 26, 2015

^^^ Me too. I hate wearing lanyards; I hate the way the look on - even if they are cute - and they just bother me so much.

I wear a stretchy-cord wristlet with my room keys and my flash drive. I keep anything else in my pockets.

4. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Jul 26, 2015

I love my Vera Bradley one.

5. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Jul 26, 2015

I have a few from 31 Bags that are comfortable. I have to wear 3 keys and my name tag. I do want to add a few more. I love getting to change them out based on my mood, clothes, etc. I found an etsy page with lots of options:
    https://www.etsy.com/market/teacher_lanyard

6. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Jul 26, 2015

Of course, I never wear mine--my keys are always in my bag or on my desk; I rarely need them once I'm in my room.

7. Teachling

Teachling Groupie

Jul 26, 2015

Hate wearing them but have to keep one handy for entering buildings, making copies, logging in and if I lose it, it'll cost me $25 to replace.

Here's the one I bought recently and the lanyard was throwing in for free(got lucky).

vera bradley luggage tag bloom (can't link it for some reason).

8. vickilyn

vickilyn Magnifico

Jul 26, 2015

I admit that I loved my Vera Bradley lanyard, and I put a retractable key holder on it for the one key you absolutely needed 20 times a day. Now, we have to wear break away lanyards, and I hate them. Once they have come apart it happens with increasing frequency until they are useless. A couple of people have crazy glued theirs together, and I might consider that. The sad thing is that if I am going to do that, I will be thinking the whole time that I could be wearing something I liked instead of something I don't like in the least. Oh well. . .

9. waterfall

waterfall Maven

Jul 27, 2015

I wear a Vera Bradley lanyard as well. It was a little pricey for just a lanyard, but I figured if it's something I have to wear every single day I at least want it to be something pretty. It's also really lightweight, which is nice.

10. kpa1b2

kpa1b2 Aficionado

Jul 27, 2015

One of my co--workers wears hers going down her back. Solves that problem.

11. ChildWhisperer

ChildWhisperer Devotee

Jul 27, 2015

I never thought about it, but wouldn't that just get in the way even more?

12. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

Jul 27, 2015

We're required to keep our lanyard with keys with us at all times. The doors remained locked all day, and you should always have your fob with you to get in the building.

The first one was a cute one that our principal gave us with the school name and colors. Our sister school also had one with their name and colors. Then we started worrying about if someone stole them or they got lost. Then people would know which school they belonged to. Luckily if you know they're gone, you just send the VP a text and she can deactivate them.

I've bought a few at Wal-Mart that detached so you didn't have to take it off to open the door. My dad has also made me a few out of paracord. Very cool in the eyes of 2nd graders. I just bought a necklace one that was longer and more sturdy than those I've seen in the past. The ones with the gems can be irritating to some people, and the gems will fall off after several months.

Other teachers in the building have just made their own on the sewing machine out of scraps of fabric.

I usually throw mine around to my back if it's in the way or annoying me. It never got in the way, but sometimes when I leaned back in my chair on them I would choke myself slightly.

13. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 27, 2015

I liked the Vera chain lanyards but they don't seem to carry them anymore.

14. ChildWhisperer

ChildWhisperer Devotee

Jul 27, 2015

15. dgpiaffeteach

dgpiaffeteach Aficionado

Jul 27, 2015