Laminator

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Bloom, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Bloom

Bloom Companion

Oct 16, 2009

I am considering purchasing a laminator for home/school use....any good suggestions on models or good deals on these machines?

3. Maxadoodle

Maxadoodle Comrade

Oct 16, 2009

I have the Scotch one from Sams Club and I love it. The refill packs are not expensive either. I teach preschool and always have lots of little things to laminate, and it is so nice to do it at home. Plus, when cutting it out later, my scissors don't get gunked up.

4. Iteach782

Iteach782 Comrade

Oct 16, 2009

How much is the Scotch one?

Does anyone have the one from the Scholastic Bonus Catalog?

I'm so tempted to get my own as well. Everytime I get things laminated at my school, they just get ruined. It's very frustrating.

5. SwOcean Gal

SwOcean Gal Devotee

Oct 17, 2009

I have this laminator on my christmas wish list...
    http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4642624#BVQAWidgetID
    It has good reviews and it is cheapish $68
    There is a similair one on amazon for a bit cheaper I put on my list as an alternative lol here is that one... $54
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000A7WBGY/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

I was looking at these last night. I am wicked sick- so yesterday I was useless so I just started looking at stuff for Christmas after reading some threads on here it got me thinking.

I do not know much about them, but the two I listed I think use pouches and can be hot or cold. I think I saw the wal mart one uses whatever pouches and you can get 100 for $10 I think. Is hot or cold better? What about pouch or sheets/rolls- I am not sure what the alternative to pouches are?

I was thinking about this yesterday- I do not know enough about it to pick out a good one, but the reviews for the wal mart one sounded good-there were 2 negatives out of 37

6. fun2tchk

fun2tchk Rookie

Oct 17, 2009

I also have the scotch one and I love it! I bought mine at BJ's for about $25. Refill sheets are 50 packs for $6. It's so much thicker then the stuff my school uses.

7. SwOcean Gal

SwOcean Gal Devotee

Oct 17, 2009

$25! Wow- I obviously did not look very well because 50 bucks was the cheapest I found. I will be looking for that. Thanks for sharing

8. Maxadoodle

Maxadoodle Comrade

Oct 18, 2009

I paid about $25 for the Scotch. I bought mine at Sam's Club.

9. Iteach782

Iteach782 Comrade

Oct 18, 2009

Wow...$25?? That's great. I just ordered mine through the Bonus Catalog. I'm wondering whether I should have just gone out and bought one for $25 instead. Oh well...

10. Kindergarten31

Kindergarten31 Cohort

Oct 19, 2009

I have the Xyron cold laminator (no electric) and I use it all the time. I haven't heard of the Scotch one. Our school laminator often ruins things too--or doesn't actually seal.

11. Bloom

Bloom Companion

Oct 19, 2009

Thanks!!!

I appreciate the suggestions!:thumb:

12. futureteach21

futureteach21 Habitué

Oct 19, 2009

Okay I must have been living under a rock. I didn't know you could buy laminators. I always thought only schools could buy them. Buuuut, guess what I'm putting on my wishlist for when I graduate from college?! Haha!