Laminating pocket folders

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by louisiana, Jul 29, 2007.

1. smile

smile Companion

Aug 13, 2007

The one thing I hate is the air bubble that "forms" when i run the folders through the lamination machine:mad: . Does anyone have this problem??? I run it on a slow speed but i still get those bubbles! Afterwards, i slit the pocket and the lamination film starts to peel:eek:hmy: . I end up "popping" the air bubbles with a pin and ironing it so it won't peel. Its a pain to do all that:( .

2. uclalum

uclalum Groupie

Aug 13, 2007

So, if I am laminating the pocket folders, would it be better to use regular lamination or the heavy duty stuff? The reason why I am asking is because office max is laminating for free but they definitely use the heavy duty lamination. I would like to do it for free if possible.

3. patti2

patti2 Cohort

Aug 13, 2007

I have a cold laminator at work (hand crank)-will this work?

4. srh

srh Devotee

Aug 13, 2007

Ooh...I don't know about a cold laminator!! I always run ours at 325 degrees (the highest temp) and at 1.1 speed (the lowest). It does a better job for sure. On simple, one-page things that aren't meant to last forever, you can go lower temp and faster. But I say, if I'm going to all the trouble, I'll take an extra couple of minutes to run posters, banners, etc. through for the best quality.

5. 2ndTimeArnd

2ndTimeArnd Companion

Aug 14, 2007

But I have to say when the folders are just 10 cents apiece, laminating seems like an unecessary cost ... and I even picked up a set of folders for a penny apiece at Office Max a few weeks ago. The pocket folders WalMart was selling for 10 cents each were of much higher quality this year, and already had a sort-of plastic covering. I guess I'm just trying to be practical here ... and we don't have unlimited laminating capabilities, so I try to conserve...