Lakeshore Junkie

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by MissFroggy, Aug 16, 2008.

1. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Aug 16, 2008

I have one about 10 minutes from my school. I have gone there entirely TOO many times this summer... I thought I would post the massive number of things I have purchased. (Good thing we get a large budget and I have "levels change" money!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] (but I got the operations version, not fractions)

[​IMG] I got the money version.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] I only bought ONE of these!

[​IMG] I had one already but bought 3 more so they can "read the room."

No more shopping for me!!!

3. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Aug 16, 2008

Awesome stuff!

I wish I had a large budget :(

I have a Lakeshore about 30 minutes away and have never went. One day when I have money *sigh*

4. MandaNicole01

MandaNicole01 Habitué

Aug 16, 2008

I never even knew Lakeshore had stores you could go in and shop! I've always pictured just a HUGE warehouse somewhere! Who knew?! I'm glad they don't have one near me! I've already spent way too much of my own money!:eek:

5. trayums

trayums Enthusiast

Aug 16, 2008

WOW! Awesome stuff!!! I think you inspired me to go tomorrow!!!! :)

6. little317

little317 Groupie

Aug 16, 2008

I saw you got Hot Dots kits. Those are awesome! My kids fight over the pens. I've never gone to Lakeshore....maybe one day when I actually get some money from school.....can't get much with our budget. They even dropped my stipend for maintaining the school website :eek:

7. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Aug 16, 2008

I don't think we will have a large budget next year, so I'm glad I'm getting things like this now. I am already stocked up for older kids.

We have a big budget because in the past we had no "set curriculum." We only had a math curriculum and were given a big budget so we could provide reading, social studies and science materials for the kids. Now we adopted LA and science so the budget will likely get cut later. It's just still big right now because I don't think they thought it needed to be lower the first year, as we were managing the new curriculum.

8. cinaminsweet

cinaminsweet Companion

Aug 17, 2008

There's a Lakeshore about half an hour from me and I'm planning on going tomorrow (well, later today since it's already tomorrow) to do some laminating. That's all I plan to go for, but I'm pretty sure I'll walk out with at least $50 worth of stuff! We don't get any money from the school, so it'll be out of my pocket :(

9. alilisa

alilisa Habitué

Aug 17, 2008

I love all of the stuff you got from Lakeshore! There is one about 2 hours away from me, but everytime I am going through the twin cities I make sure I stop and add to my collection!!! ;) I just wish I had a budget from school!!

10. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Aug 17, 2008

Our school lets us order from the Lakeshore catelogue. I'll be looking through it this week!

11. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Aug 17, 2008

It wouldn't do for one to be near me. Thank goodness the nearest one is 3+ hrs from me... LOL. I do order stuff from their catalog! I'd go bonkers if I went in a store!

12. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Aug 17, 2008

I went to a Lakeshore store with my principal and a co-worker on Friday. I actually stuck to my list! Bulletin board letters, silver border, a pocket chart and some leaf cut-outs. That's it. Which is amazing, seeing as we could just charge it to the school.

13. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Aug 17, 2008

I'm sure your new P appreciates how frugal you are!

14. soflgal

soflgal Companion

Aug 17, 2008

I must be living in the last century because I never heard of Lakeshore. I know about ACE, anyway I went to see if there was a store near me. I typed in my zip and I go the message We’re sorry, no stores were found within 100 miles of this zip code. Oh well. I can always shop online right?