Ladybug theme

Discussion in 'General Education' started by karebear76, Jul 29, 2008.

1. karebear76

karebear76 Habitué

Jul 29, 2008

(Copied from Elementary for more ideas)

So I'm trying to do more with my ladybugs this year. I have tons of decorations from my personal collection. In the past I've just set them out around the room. This year I want to do more.

I searched on the web and found some great signs for centers once I decide what ones I'm having, some stationary, crafts, snacks, and a few other things.

I'm really having a hard time coming up with catchy phrases to fit the theme.

I have tons of bulletin boards (already finished from last day of school; but willing to change slightly). Any ideas??

My BBs:
    1. Welcome! Just a picture of a little red school house.
    2. Place Value chart
    3. Calendar space
    4. I Spot Good Work!
    5. Information (school calendar, schedules, menu)
    6. The answer is....What is the Question?
    7. Teacher space
    8. Reading charts (Super Readers)
    9. Willis Bank (economy)
    10. Homework chart
    11. Capital City (rules of capitalization)
    12. Birthday Board

I've got the idea of "Great Students Spotted!" for the hallway. Large leaf for background then ladybugs for each student.

I picked up letters @ DT that have bugs of all kinds, some lady bugs that I want to use (they're wall art) My name wouldn't have any ladybugs on the letters.

Sorry for the novel, just trying to fill in background. I'm really having a hard time with catchy phrases that would fit with the ladybugs. I've purchased a lot of supplies this year to change almost everything except for book baskets to either red or black.

Thanks for your help!

3. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Jul 29, 2008

That is so cute. I luuuuuuuv red and black together. Perfect. And your bulletin board 'spotted' is awesome. Let me brainstorm tonight.

4. NewbieTeachr

NewbieTeachr Rookie

Jul 29, 2008

The Dollar Tree near me has a bulletin board kit. It says "Spotted Being Good" and comes with ladybugs.

5. Grace

Grace Companion

Jul 29, 2008

Not BB related, but Ikea has a tent in the children's area right now that looks like a ladybug. I've got a garden theme going on and almost bought it, but my room is too crowded for it!