Lady Gaga

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by futureteach21, Sep 13, 2009.

1. futureteach21

futureteach21 Habitué

Sep 13, 2009

I doubt many are watching this, but I have the VMA's on. Has anyone been watching what Lady Gaga is wearing? I can't stand her music! And her clothes are driving me crazy... She looks insane!

3. Learner4Life

Learner4Life Cohort

Sep 13, 2009

I listen to her music to workout to because it has a nice beat to it but her outfits during the VMAs are totally insane!!!! And she has changed like 1000 times, each outfit getting more insane than the last! What a crazy head!

4. emmakate218

emmakate218 Connoisseur

Sep 13, 2009

I listen to her music when I'm running, but I don't enjoy her fashion. If you look at photos of her from before she was all wacky, she was quite ordinary...I honestly think her image is all due to stylists.

5. Iowa_Teacher

Iowa_Teacher Rookie

Sep 13, 2009

I only caught a few minutes of it, but I agree, she looked ridiculous. However, my main gripe is Kanye West. How rude! Taylor Swift was so excited to win an award and he ruined it for her! Get a life, Kanye! It's just a VMA! :lol:

6. emmakate218

emmakate218 Connoisseur

Sep 13, 2009

It's not the first time Kanye has ran on stage and stolen the spotlight. He ran on stage during the Grammys one year when Evanescence won a category he was nominated for. Clearly, he's not only a sore loser when he loses, he's a sore losers when others lose. He's a total dbag.

7. sue35

sue35 Habitué

Sep 13, 2009

Her red outfit took the cake. You couldn't even see her in it! I have no real opinion on her music but some of her outfits go too far for me.

I saw the Kanye part. While I do agree Beyonce had the better video it was horrible what he did. Taylor Swift looked like she was about to cry!

8. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Sep 14, 2009

I haven't watched the VMA's, but I've seen her perform on TV a couple times. She's one outrageous individual that's for sure. I like 2 songs of hers, but then again, I haven't listened to every song she sings.

9. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Sep 14, 2009

Lada Gaga is a whacko from what I can tell. I remember one time she was on tv she had a zipper on her face. If I see her on tv I just change the channel.

10. futureteach21

futureteach21 Habitué

Sep 14, 2009

Did you all see the ending? Beyonce called Taylor up to the stage and have her moment in the spotlight. That was awesome! Not cool, Kanye, not cool.

11. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Sep 14, 2009

I watched the beginning of the VMAs to see Janet & Taylor's performance, but other than that I flipped a couple times & saw that Lady Gaga person...weird is all I can say. What was with the ending of her performance?!?!

I didn't see the Taylor thing until today with Kanye... He has got to be the rudest "star" out there!!! Someone can't respect others they shouldn't be invited. His mom must be so "proud" of his actions....
    I did see that Beyonce was classy enough to give up some of her time to Taylor...very classy lady!!!

12. MsMar

MsMar Fanatic

Sep 14, 2009

I heard about the Kanye thing this morning, how awful!

As far as Lady Gaga, I love her music and I just laugh at her outfits. A birds nest on her head??? What was she thinking?!

13. 3Sons

3Sons Enthusiast

Sep 14, 2009

You know, with a name like, "Lady Gaga" -- well, it's just something you have to live up to, you know? It just wouldn't fit if she wore decent, stylish but conservative clothes. Or even just stylish clothes.

14. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Sep 14, 2009

Good point.

15. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Sep 14, 2009

Don't want to continue the hijack from Gaga Gal, but I just watched Kanye/Taylor Swift on youtube, and that was ridiculous! The poor soul, she didn't even know how to respond. I thought her video was just as good, and she is an amazing songwriter. I hope she runs with this publicity she is getting!

OK, back to Gaga...she was on American Idol last year, and was NUTS. Blech.

16. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Sep 14, 2009

I didn't watch last night but saw some clips today. She is all ten of the ten worst dressed. Wow.

But they always say there is no such thing as bad publicity, so maybe she is laughing all the way to the bank.

17. WindyCityGal606

WindyCityGal606 Enthusiast

Sep 14, 2009

My teenaged daughter also hates Lady Gaga's style so I told her about early Cher and Madonna who also displayed some interesting fashion choices to get them noticed. Seems this worked for Lady Gag as well. I say good for her. She went to stardom rather quickly. Good for her! I love her songs so I don't care what she wears.

18. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Sep 14, 2009

I love her music!! But I hate her style!

19. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Sep 14, 2009

I've been officially "too old" for MTV for quite a few years now. I did, however, flip past the Lady Gaga performance and stopped. I suppose it's fine if you like performance art. Not my thing. She acts kind of squirrelly.

I didn't see any of the other stuff, but anytime I've seen Kanye West he's been a real douche. He thinks rather highly of himself.

20. teacher333

teacher333 Devotee

Sep 14, 2009

Don't understand what's with all the masks! That red outfit and mask that covered her entire face...

21. Rebel1

Rebel1 Connoisseur

Sep 14, 2009

I've heard of her BUT haven't seen any of her OUTFITS yet, or what she looks like.
    After reading all of your posts, I DON'T want to see any now.:lol:
    Rebel1

22. MissWull

MissWull Cohort

Sep 14, 2009

Her music is ok, her style is nuts. She always seems to choose things that partially or fully cover her face, I wonder why this is...if she has like self-esteem issues or something. I just think it's odd is all.

23. lilmisses1014

lilmisses1014 Comrade

Sep 14, 2009

She's so beyond strange, but I do like a couple of her songs. I will have to admit to being a bit impressed (and envious) that she was dancing on American Idol in really high spiky heels. I can't wear heels as often as I used to. Sigh....