Ladies,Would you do this?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by doubletrouble, Apr 7, 2011.

1. doubletrouble

doubletrouble Companion

Apr 7, 2011

I have been thinking about my body lately and honestly if money was not a problem. I would have some work done,fix my nonexistent stomach muscles after 2 children, might try lipo,my breast would be higher,and fix sagging eyes.
    This will never happen because money will never allow it but it is also kind of scary to realize that I would definitely do it if we won the Lottery!:lol:

3. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Apr 7, 2011

If I had the money, I might be interested in fixing a thing or two. I wouldn't want to change anything (like get a nosejob or something), but it might be nice to get a breast lift. I'd probably consider that.

4. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Apr 7, 2011

Once I got past the idea of even wanting to go under the knife :unsure:, I might get a nose job, but nothing close to drastic. IMO, my nose is nice, but I might tweak it a little. No other plastic surgery for me, but I'd hire a personal trainer again like I've had before. :)

5. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Apr 7, 2011

No, too many scary stories out there about complications. Besides, aging is inevitable and it's really not so bad.

6. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Enthusiast

Apr 7, 2011

I'm actually planning to get my upper eyelids done, mostly because they're quite lopsided--one side is much droopier than the other, and it's over my "good" eye. There's a lot more that could be done, but I'll be happy with that!

7. bonneb

bonneb Fanatic

Apr 7, 2011

I think I would do some stuff, but not to the face. Faces begin to look like masks. I would get my teeth done in an instant! Want a Julia Roberts smile, or Gwyneth Paltrow.

8. math1abee

math1abee Companion

Apr 7, 2011

My mom had four kids and she got a breast lift. She loved it! She said you are feeling so good from the pain pills that its really not that bad. She wants a tummy tuck too. After I have kids I don't know if I'll have work done or not. I'm pretty little but then again I haven't had any kids.

9. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Apr 7, 2011

I don't know...I look at my sister and her obviously fake boobs and I just shake my head. However, I have been fantasizing about a smaller chest. My neck is forever hurting, truly. My mother is the same and she's beginning to have lots of nerve issues that her doctor says her excessively large breasts cause, so a reduction may be something I have to consider at some point. I am terrified of all things medically related, so I can't really imagine going through with an operation. I've never had my blood drawn and I never want to. As far as for vanity only, I'm much too scared. My nose is quite large, but it's just going to stay that way!

10. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Apr 7, 2011

It's been 2 years since my breast surgery. The silicone one is exactly where the surgeon put it. The other one... not so much.

Honestly, the thought of surgery doesn't scsre me. At all. Honest. But I'm pretty comfortable in my own skin. For better or worse, that person in the mirror is me.

So I'll pass on the cosmetic surgery unless it's the same sort of situation that made the last one necessary.

11. Ranchwife

Ranchwife Companion

Apr 7, 2011

I sometimes think that liposuction would make me more ideal, in the world's eyes. But then I remember that I was made exactly as God wanted me to be made, imperfections and all, and I become happy with myself again. If I had the money for plastic surgery, I would spend it elsewhere, like on bills, vacations, college educations, etc.

12. kalli007

kalli007 Companion

Apr 7, 2011

I'm having some work done this summer - body not face. I caould never get my face altered, because it's my FACE! But I am getting some body work done (not boobs) because I have one issue that I have always hated. I have worked out and everything but it doesnt change. I am getting this done for me, not for anyone else. I don't expect it to change my life or anything, I am a happy and confident person - but this one body issue really bothers me.

13. kalli007

kalli007 Companion

Apr 7, 2011

Oh, and you would be amazed at the amount of people who get work done. When I was scheduling my appt I had to put down a deposit, and the lady (not knowing I was a teacher) was like hurry up and reserve your date because as soon as summer hits we will be flooded with the teachers!

14. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Apr 7, 2011

After I finish losing weight, if I still have a belly, I would consider doing something about that. I have a belly even when I'm below average weight. It just doesn't go away.

15. Go 4th

Go 4th Habitué

Apr 7, 2011

If it wouldn't hurt, and I had the money, I'd have all the fat sucked out of everywhere. Like just hook a hose up to my belly button and suck it from thighs, tummy, butt, chin, arms, etc.

Otherwise, I'm too chicken. :)

16. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Apr 7, 2011

I've thought about doing the same thing. I've always had a belly too, even when I was thinner in the past.

17. TeacherApr

TeacherApr Groupie

Apr 7, 2011

I agree.

The ONLY thing I would consider would be LASIK but I feel insurance should be supporting/paying for this under certain circumstances but that's a different topic....

18. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Apr 8, 2011

I have a significant amount of weight to lose. When I lose it, if I still have a lot of excess skin, I would consider having surgery. I am working to darn hard right now to still have all that hanging on me. of course I would give it some time to bounce back...

19. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Apr 8, 2011

No, I wouldn't consider plastic surgery.

20. math1abee

math1abee Companion

Apr 8, 2011

I would love to have LASIK! My vision stinks and I've worn glasses/contacts since the 4th grade. I don't remember what its like not to have to put on glasses in the morning to see. As for surgery to my face, no way. I like my face and I don't want to see some strange person looking at me in the mirror! :lol:

21. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Apr 8, 2011

Hmm, interesting! So that's where a teacher's salary goes! Just kidding! :)

22. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Apr 8, 2011

If money was no option and I could get past the pain, I would get a breast lift, LASIK, and maybe a little liposuction. I would never do anything to my face!

23. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Apr 8, 2011

The scary stories certainly keep me from considering a breast reduction even though it may become necessary. That, and my general fear of pain, and I just can't do much more than entertain the idea. I have two family members who have had the reduction and both dealt with major infections. :eek:hmy:

24. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Apr 8, 2011

When I was younger, I would have said breast implants, hands-down. Not *huge* ones... just enough to make me look like I had something. But I have a high probability of breast cancer, so I'll leave the girls alone :)

Now it's my nose. For the most part, I like the shape and size. But in the past ten years, it seems to be growing... downward. Like a hook. A witch's nose :huh: If I could get just the tip lifted...

25. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Apr 8, 2011

I had a single reduction (so the "good" side would match the reconstructed one a bit more closely.)

Honestly, it was not a big deal at all. I'm fairly petite to begin with, but I experienced absolutely no discomfort at all. Seriously-- before my first surgery I was told to have the painkiller prescription filled, and to take one when I got home. So I did. It was the last painkiller I took, with a total of 5 surgeries.

And I'm no hero; I'm a total chicken. But there was absolutely no pain, no complications.

If it's something that would improve the quality of your life, speak to a good breast surgeon.

26. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Apr 8, 2011

There is probably some surgery which is covered by insurance... (vision care?))... Professional educators work hard for their benefits, and I wouldn't question any life enhancing medical interventions.