Ladies, esp plus-sized...

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by silverspoon65, Jan 24, 2011.

1. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Jan 24, 2011

where do you buy your underwear?

I have been buying mine at Lane Bryant for years and I am recently very frustrated and disappointed with their quality. I would like to try something new but don't even know where to start. I think before I started buying them at LB, my mom was still buying them for me! lol.

Suggestions?

3. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jan 24, 2011

Have you had any luck with the Just My Size stuff? I like it for the most part, but it's not as high-cut as I would like.

4. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Jan 24, 2011

I like Delta Burke's line. I wear a lot of her stuff.

5. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Jan 24, 2011

JC Penny's has a nice selection.

6. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Jan 24, 2011

I used to love my LB underwear, but the stuff I've bought recently has elastic issues. My really old underwear is holding up better than my new stuff!

DH bought me some underwear for my Christmas stocking. He got regular Hanes cotton. My mom bought some Vanity Fair from JC Penney that I like, too. They are priced comparable to LB underwear, but better quality.

The Just My Size ones didn't work well for me. I'm not particularly blessed in the butt department, so they were baggy on me. I was in their smallest size.

7. sweetlatina23

sweetlatina23 Cohort

Jan 24, 2011

I just got some at Lane Bryant and noticed they don't stretch! I was so upset. I wore one pair anyway, and I couldn't last. It hurt. I have a lot of junk in the trunk, lol so I need something more comfortable. (sorry if TMI)

I love Just My Size, they have all the way to a size 14. HOwever, walmart somehow discontinued the 14, but the 13 is just as good. They also have an online store. They are 3 for $10 or so. Hope you find some comfy ones.

My momma use to buy mine too until I got married lol. Once I got married I bought them at LB, but I have noticed a difference in their quality. They tear! and they are so expensive.

8. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Jan 24, 2011

I actually just starting buying Lane Bryant a month or so ago...I am super impressed. I find them so incredibly comfortable and smooth and covering...oh, they've just brought joy to my life! :haha:

I have tried other brands and I'm most satisfied with LB. I hope they hold up as it seemed my others were almost disposable...ugh. I wear their smallest size and I hope to be out of that soon enough, so I'll be shopping for new ones. I used to wear Body by Victoria Secret and I loved those, so we shall see.

9. yarnwoman

yarnwoman Cohort

Jan 24, 2011

I usually buy Hanes or Just my Size.

10. Kindergarten31

Kindergarten31 Cohort

Jan 25, 2011

I wear the Just My Size in their "satiny'(?) kind. They seem to hold up fairly well. The elastic is flat and covered and does not seem to stretch out. I also like that they have choices in colors, not just white, beige, black. I have some aqua print ones that are SO pretty!

11. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Jan 25, 2011

I like a good bit of lycra for stretch in my panties. The best I've found have been the Vassarette brand at - Wal Mart! Yes, Wal Mart. They hold up really well and are really comfortable.

12. Starista

Starista Cohort

Jan 25, 2011

Hi! I too have found issue with the quality of lane bryants cacique undies. I also agree that hanes and jms aren't high cut enough... but!!! Target has fruit of the loom "fit for me" try them! They come in high cut style!

13. stargirl

stargirl Companion

Jan 25, 2011

Charter Club, by Macy's.

14. bandnerdtx

bandnerdtx Aficionado

Jan 25, 2011

I like Queen Latifah's LovetoKnow items. You can get them at Walmart!