Labelling Shelves

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by Preschool0929, May 24, 2013.

1. Preschool0929

Preschool0929 Cohort

May 24, 2013

Even though today was our last day of school, i'd like to see what everyone else uses to label toy bins and shelves. I'd like to figure out an easier way to switch out labels and toys, rather than taping them down, then trying to carefully peel them back off. Any suggestions?

3. Alesia

Alesia Companion

May 26, 2013

I take a picture of everything, then glue the pictures on half pieces of construction paper. I either write by hand what the material is or type it out and glue below the picture. I then laminate all of the labels and tape them to the shelves. I found that laminating keeps the label from breaking after I peel off the tape. I also have my labels color coded (black construction paper for block area materials, green paper for the discovery area, etc.)

4. ksmomy

ksmomy Companion

Jun 30, 2013

You could try clear contact paper. It usually peels back off pretty easily and doesn't leave a residue.

5. AlwaysAttend

AlwaysAttend Fanatic

Jun 30, 2013

Print labels on Business Card template and print them out on card stock. Then cut out the business card size labels and tape them on to binder clips. Pick binder slip size based on size needed to fit on shelf.