LA common core curriculum maps

Discussion in 'General Education' started by teacherguy111, Oct 23, 2013.

1. teacherguy111

teacherguy111 Cohort

Oct 23, 2013

Hey guys,
    This is my first year teaching middle school. This year I pretty much used my 3 main novels to drive most of my lesson plans. Next semester (my school teaches a class for just one semester, students that get mastery go on early to the next class) I would like to have a much better plan on what I am going to cover for each unit, as well as know what standards will be covered with each unit.

Does anyone know any good curriculum maps that can be bought? I don't want something that gives me every lesson etc, but something that gives me a good, solid guide.

I will still teach my novels, but they may be more of an outside of class type thing.

3. Ms.SLS

Ms.SLS Cohort

Oct 23, 2013

When planning units, I've always sort of looked at the standards, and figured out what materials and which assignments would work best with each set of standards. Then I create a rough outline and check it off as I go.

I'm not sure where you'd go if you wanted to purchase something pre-made, but it seems like you could order a grade level teacher book? Although I don't know how much material for common core is available yet.