Know what p***es me off?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by McKennaL, Aug 23, 2009.

1. McKennaL

McKennaL Groupie

Aug 23, 2009

I lost ANOTHER summer!

I HATE job searches! I am filling out applications AGAIN... and the guy on the radio is talking about the city fests in the area. OH YEAH! I wanted to go to this fest and that fest and... I wonder when they will be (not catching on yet that it's August 23rd)....and

DANG IT!!!!! They are all gone!

ANOTHER SUMMER SHOT TO ****!!

And yet ANOTHER reason that... WHEN I get a job NOTHING is going to loosen my grip on it!

3. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Aug 23, 2009

I have a job but I feel the same pain because I've been going back to school part-time for 8 years now. I get sick of wasting my summers sitting in a classroom. I want to enjoy them too.

4. Springdruidess

Springdruidess Rookie

Aug 23, 2009

I hear you. I haven't had to fill out applications (not how my board works) but between stressing and not wanting to spend money when I don't know if I have a job for the fall, I've missed out on several "Oh I want to do that..." things this summer too. Its not a great way to spend a summer but, fingers crossed, this will be the last summer spent this way.:up:

5. BerniceBobs

BerniceBobs Comrade

Aug 23, 2009

You know what pisses me off? That we can't say piss in here!

6. BerniceBobs

BerniceBobs Comrade

Aug 23, 2009

Oh. I thought that it would be bleeped out.
    Oh well, one less thing to be pissed off about.

7. Jlyn07

Jlyn07 Comrade

Aug 23, 2009

Lol, Bernice!

Yeah, my summer has officially sucked. I was so positive at the beginning because I was getting interviews; I was sure I would have a job by the middle of the summer. Instead, I'm still applying and worrying.

8. Junebug

Junebug Comrade

Aug 23, 2009

Two summers in a row for me too and I'm not getting any younger! My gkids stayed with me this summer and I had plans to do fun stuff.. all of a sudden boom
    school starts without ME!

9. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Aug 23, 2009

I'm so glad that I decided to go to Disney World earlier this summer and not hold off on it, because of the job search (although it was planned right in the middle the Fourth of July, so that I would have less of a chance of missing an interview). But before and since then I've spent way too much time job searching and worrying.

10. flutetoot

flutetoot Companion

Aug 23, 2009

McKenna

I feel the same way! This has been my 3rd suymmer stressing about finding a job and job-hunting - no vacations, worrying about money, and trying to explain to my kids that "next summer, things will be different" - HA!!

I'm exhausted always wishing for "tomorrow" and hoping for the future.

11. SpecialEdTeache

SpecialEdTeache Companion

Aug 23, 2009

I know what you mean, everyone :( The thing that p o 'd me was going to an interview and the administrator was so disrespectful she interviewed me scantily clad in a tennis outfit.

Yes, for real. I did my best, but had been on pain meds for 4 days due to root canal pain. So, I didn't interview the best, but by golly, I went and threw myself into it and gave it my best shot and I'm not disappointed in myself for that! I wasn't called back for the second round, but as I could not honestly say I respected the interviewer, I was not unhappy about it.