Kindy Interview

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Miss Snix, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Miss Snix

Miss Snix Companion

Oct 29, 2010

I just got a phone call booking me in for an interview next week! It's a Kindergarten Teacher position (teaching 3-4year olds) in a child care centre, on a school teacher salary (new initiative the state government are starting next year that all kindy teachers need to be uni trained - I have a bachelor and a masters).
    I am soooo nervous! :eek: I have never worked in child care before (did some prac work way back in uni) and have only had a couple of interviews years ago...yikes.
    Would love to get it though, I have been job searching for 5 years and am Early Childhood trained just need to get over these horrible nerves.

3. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Oct 29, 2010

If they are calling you in for an interview, that's the first step! Go in ready and sure you will secure the job! You'll do great!

4. gigi

gigi Groupie

Oct 29, 2010

congratulations!

5. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Oct 29, 2010

Good luck!

6. ally06

ally06 Companion

Oct 29, 2010

Good Luck!

7. Miss Snix

Miss Snix Companion

Nov 2, 2010

Thanks everyone :)
    The interview was meant to be tomorrow but yesterday they called and changed it to next Thursday, then today called again and changed it to this Thursday. I need to read up on the kindergarten and childcare guidelines beforehand...have never worked with either before and since I've been out of uni when I studied this year level everything has changed. So scared of what they will ask and how silly I will sound/look.

8. Miss Snix

Miss Snix Companion

Nov 3, 2010

Bit of a last min question...but do I need to take anything with me? I have sent them my 'package' when I sent my cover letter/resume...my friend had the same interview yesterday, and while she didn't say what was asked she did mention there was only the director in the interview...the director would already have my info so should I not worry about taking it?

Ohh I need to breath, I am so nervous...I am horrible in these situations lol Children I am fine with, adults I get nervous.

9. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Nov 3, 2010

I usually bring my teaching portfolio with me to interviews. I have my resume, transcripts, student work, philosophy, classroom pictures, and other things in it.

10. Miss Snix

Miss Snix Companion

Nov 3, 2010

Thanks :) I've got it ready. I have an hour and a half until the interview, it's pouring down rain and my body has already gone nervous...I need to learn to relax and be calm.

11. Miss Snix

Miss Snix Companion

Nov 4, 2010

Interview over with :) It wasn't that bad although my brain and mouth didn't work together that great. I was asked about child care regulations, I was honest and said I'm not up to date with the news ones brought in last year which I was then told "it's okay they are introducing new ones next year anyway" and the director wasn't even sure what the changes would be. She was very friendly and siad the head of the region (who was meant to be there but is sick) might call me for a phone interview in a couple of weeks. I also got to have a tour of the centre, it's beautiful...and turns out I went to school with one of the assistants that works there :)