Kindergarten School Supply List

Discussion in 'Early Childhood Education Archives' started by kmcole4, Aug 29, 2005.

1. kmcole4

kmcole4 Rookie

Aug 29, 2005

Hi--

Looking for some help with K school supply/ donations list to be given out tommorrow.

So far I am thinking...

Paper towels
    Tissues
    2 Glue Sticks
    2 Beginners Pencils
    1 box of gallon size ziploc bags
    1 box of sandwich size ziploc bags

I was also thinking about doing a recyclables part for yogurt/applesauce containers......anyone have a copy of what they did they would be willing to email or any suggestions? Thanks!

3. ABall

ABall Fanatic

Aug 29, 2005

crayons, safety fiscar's scisors, pencil box or pouch, folder for putting work to take home--so they just don't get crumpled at the bottom of the back pack, for donation things ask for baby wipes, hand sanitizer, paper plates, lunch bags, bits of odds and ends like felt, fabric, yarn, pipecleaners, etc..
    snacks, reward items-- stickers, party favors, erasers and pencils for prizes
    out grown books, games (compleete), puzzles (compleete also), also, sponges, for cutting into shapes for painting, pie tins or other "foil pans". know istead of sending out a long list, some of the ideas I have heard here are to make a "giving tree" write the items on a leaf shape or apple shape, let the parents know about it, and they can select the items they want to donate. Also, on the list ask for time-- story reading time, craft time help, field trip helpers, etc... If you send out a weekly or monthy news letter write the list on it, and revise it as the items come in that you get enough of, and thank the parents that sent them in. This way you will get the parent's attention in more than one way.

4. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Aug 29, 2005

Crayons
    Dry Erase Markers
    Art shirts
    Markers
    elmers glue
    crackers for snack
    folder/folders
    scissors (pointed end)
    small pencil box (plastic that snaps shut)
    Ummmmmmm................I'm thinking of all the things on my list for my K's. There is a couple more, but thats what comes to mind off the top of my head

5. kinder4me

kinder4me Comrade

Aug 29, 2005

I had the parents send in a framed picture of their child to set around the room (the kids love looking at them) and also one not framed. I am going to use the one not framed for our "Star Student of the Week" bulletin board.

2 composition books for journals
    liquid soap
    hand sanitizer
    crayons
    washable markers
    glue sticks
    scissors
    folders
    pencils
    pencil sharpener that holds the shavings
    pencil box
    backpack

If you need anything else you can always make a wish list, such as children's books they no longer use. Parents seem willing to help in any way.