Discussion in 'Preschool' started by kinder10, Aug 19, 2010.
Aug 19, 2010
What are the Tips and Activities to Help Prepare our Child?
Is this a parent asking? I would tell them to start with literacy. Include the child in authentic reading and writing, like making lists to go to the store, reading signs. Getting the child to know that letters and sounds go together. Practice rhyming games and games where you ask things like "if I took the "h" sound off of hat and changed it to an /s/ what word would I have?" These are all very good helps for early reading. Also know the letters, practice counting objects and READ to them EVERYDAY!
here is what i can think of because i am sending mine to K next year:
1. firm pencil grip - lots of coloring can help with that. Practice writing streight lines, circles and so on. Maybe getting lined paper and practice wiring lines not going outside the paper lines.
2. Cutting Paper. Pasting. KUMON books for age 2 and up are awesome to start with. They have all 4 skills - coloring, pasting and glueing, folding paper skills, and curtting.
3. Go over shapes and colors.
4. Numbers - recognize on paper, try to write them.
5. Physical Education - skip, hop, bear crawl, backwards walk, marching (backwards marching), stuff like that.
6. Know all your information like bday, full names of parents, phone number, address.
thats all i can think of right now
Aug 20, 2010
thx, its nice.
Aug 21, 2010
most important i think is to be able to sit still for a while and work on a task he/she is given. =)
He /she needs to have a pear of listening ears
Aug 22, 2010
I agree with knowing colors, letters in name, how to write their first name, personal information, hopping on one foot, skipping, walking heel to toe, also being able to sit and stay on task.
Aug 23, 2010
Thanks for information-
In Socially , I think it help in kindergarten like
Knows personal information such as name, age, gender, recognize face, follows simple instructions and also important they feels comfortable in a group.
Aug 26, 2010
The single most importan factor for me is reading. Prepare your child in this area, he/she will gain knowledge of the world quickly and will ready for K.