Kindergarten Playground

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Sheila, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Sheila

Sheila Comrade

Jun 28, 2011

So I have a chance to paint a hopscotch template and a four square template on our playground. I am looking for other game templates that I can do for the kinders. Tic-tac-toe? I even thought about hangman but not sure how to work out the logistics of it.

Any ideas? It will be done on a small court.

3. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Jun 28, 2011

Maybe a keyboard of letters to jump out sight words or their name. Or a number pad to work with jumping out numbers.

4. stephenpe

stephenpe Connoisseur

Jun 28, 2011

IF you can teach kindergarteners how to play four square please tell
    me how. Letters and numbers and colors sounds about right.
    Maybe a US map.

5. treysmom

treysmom Comrade

Jun 28, 2011

We did this on the blacktop at our school (K-5th grades). We did a computer keyboard, snakes and ladders, a maze, a dragon with abc's or #'s on it (can't remember which), some "swirly" designs that they could follow & four square. We had some high school art students paint a little town scene with a "road" on it-they used a child's area rug as a pattern. The kids love to "drive" their Hot Wheels cars on it. They also painted a big dragon (our mascot). There may be more, but that's all I can remember off hand. There are plans to add a designated "sidewalk chalk" area b/c it isn't allowed on the blacktop in general-this is an area at the back of the school where kids are dropped off.

6. MandaNicole01

MandaNicole01 Habitué

Jun 29, 2011

Wow! Once we had a US map painted on our blacktop! It was great!:) I LOVE the idea of the road. Our preschool has a slew of tricycles and little bikes to ride...they need a road! Thanks! Great idea!:)

7. PEteacher07

PEteacher07 Cohort

Jun 29, 2011

We have a US Map, hopscotch (really good for little ones!)

Stephen, my knuckleheads learned 4 square b/c some of them go to after school care in my gym so they go outside and learn 4square from the older kids.

A big ole circle so you can have the classes sit around it if you want to demo something.

I don't have squiggly lines but thats a great idea for walking on and learning balance.

Tic Tac Toe would be fun!

8. Sheila

Sheila Comrade

Jun 29, 2011

I really like the chutes and ladder grid. Also, a plain circle is fine too. We are limited on space so I think that just three designs will fit. Going to the school tomorrow to check actual dimensions of the space.

9. meglucy

meglucy Companion

Jun 30, 2011

Fun! How about a hundreds chart? You (and they) could make up so many games with it.