Kindergarten Help

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by mudpie1598, Sep 3, 2007.

1. mudpie1598

mudpie1598 Companion

Sep 3, 2007

Hi,

I'm looking to see if any of you have large letters that take up a page. Each letter has empty space inside where you can fill in with macaroni, tissue paper, or other kinesthetic items? If you have a resource for these letter-pages please let me know.

Also, does anyone know where I can buy long pencil baskets, where the pencils lie down instead of standing up like in a cup? I've been looking everywhere for them but haven't found them. I've even gone to the dollar stores and haven't had any luck. If there's an online source that would be helpful. Thanks in advance!:help:

3. mrsammieb

mrsammieb Devotee

Sep 4, 2007

I have DJ inkers font I bought for my computer and I use FAT CHAT to make my letters. I just change the size to like 300. You can play with the fonts you have and see if any work.

As for the pencil baskets, I think you can get white ones at Wal-Mart that are suppose to be drawer organizers. OR cute ones from Really Good Stuff with better colors.

HTH!

4. sevenplus

sevenplus Connoisseur

Sep 4, 2007

I made letters myself, too. Don't remember which font I used, but I don't have any fancy ones - just the ones that come with MS word. If you go into "format font" you can make it print with just an outline. So I made them huge so only one fit on a page and did just their outline.

I was also going to say that I get my baskets at Walmart! I get them in the home organizing section (where you'd find laundry baskets and stuff). They have long narrow ones that I put pencils in. And short wide ones that I put crayons in. They are white.

5. Miss_J

Miss_J Habitué

Sep 4, 2007

We order them on card stock from harcourt Brace

6. tarheelsak

tarheelsak Companion

Sep 4, 2007

I bought my pencil baskets from Walmart. Another teacher got hers at Dollar General.:)