KINDERGARTEN GRADUATION

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by cml88, Apr 9, 2013.

1. cml88

cml88 Companion

Apr 9, 2013

Does anyone else DREAD this?!? Put me in front of a class of 25 little kinders & I'm fine, make me plan some sort of show for them to put on in front of their families...I'm a panicky mess! I've finally come to the realization that the end of the school year is approaching, and I need to stop avoiding & start planning something!
    I planned a pre-k grad last year, and I feel like I did the bare min. We said the pledge, sang 3 songs & that was it. I was fine with that....but I don't want to disappoint families. However, I just feel like it's so much planning when you're by yourself & have 25 kiddos (especially when I'm not creative at all when it comes to designing costume or making props). So my questions are...

What exactly do you do for graduation?(like what is the format, how long does it take, etc)

If you use songs, which songs have turned out super cute?

Any other information you would like to share with this [panicking] newbie , i'll take it! :)

3. stephenpe

stephenpe Connoisseur

Apr 9, 2013

Kindergarten graduations are like funerals. More for the audience than the bodies or five year olds. I never could get it either. My oldest daughter and son both had a retired Navy guy that taught them kindergarten. At their graduation the entire class spelled Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. That was cute. My daughter could spell it backwards in K. She was my smart one.

4. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Apr 9, 2013

I don't care for big productions for elementary or middle school graduations. I'd keep it very simple. I'd also create a funny and or touching slideshow as that's ten minutes or so with the focus not on you. ;)

5. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Apr 9, 2013

We have 6 kindergartens, so reading every name is long enough of a production. We walk in while the tone chimes (5th graders) play. We sing First Grade, First Grade, then the P reads each name, the kids cross the stage and get their diploma. When it is over, we have cookies and punch in the cafeteria.

6. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Apr 9, 2013

I had them say lines from Oh the Places You'll Go one year-that was cute. We usually do a song-I've had a lot of luck finding cute ones on youtube to copy. Slideshows go over well to if you have pics from the year-music like Let Them Be Little or Time of Our Lives to accompany it. Like Tasha we have over 100 students in Kinder now so just reading the names and awards takes awhile.

7. Preschool0929

Preschool0929 Cohort

Apr 14, 2013

Last year we did a slideshow with each Childs picture and under each one it said "when I grow up I want to be a..." it was cute, easy, and the parents liked it. The kids got their certificate, sang a growing up song that I can't remember the name to, then we had snack foods as a reception. It was really simple but seemed to do the job