Kindergarten Graduation

Discussion in 'End of the Year Archives' started by Guest, May 17, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

May 17, 2002

Hi, Next month my kindergarteners will be graduating. I need to songs and poems with them and have no clue what to do. This is my first year teaching so I need help. I dont want to go really big but I want to do somethingnice. I have a few things in mind but could use some ideas. Can anyone suggest some songs or poems I could do with my 20 students? Thanks

3. Guest

Guest Guest

May 18, 2002

Re:graduation

Hi,
    We are singing some of our favorite songs from the year. We are sing ABC from one of the Greg and Steve CD's, and The cool bear hunt, Macerna Months, the shape song, and the little red box(a song about loving our families) all by Dr. Jean. We are singing with the CD b/c we (3's &4s) do better that way. We are also singing you are my sun shine. Each child brought in a family picture and we put them on Sun SHines the kids colored after the song the kids give them to their parents.
    We also video us durning a day and interviewed all the kids. We asked them thier name, the parents name and what they want to be when they grow up.
    The parents always seem to love these.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

May 19, 2002

k graduation

Last year I rewrote the words to the Toys R Us jingle for graduation. You can substitute your schools name for ours.

I don't want to grow up
    I'm a Walnut Hill kid
    I've learned so many things at school that I can grow with.
    like reading books and making friends at the best darn school there is
    And if you ask me when I'm grown I'll say,
    I'll always be a Walnut Hill kid.

We also played a video to " What a Wonderful World" and "Friends" . There wasn't a dry eye in the whole room. Hope this helps.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

May 31, 2002

I am also a first year Kindergarten teacher and struggled to come up with something to do. My class wrote a new version of The Ants Go Marching that contains each of their names. Here is an example...

The Kindergarteners go marching one by one,
    Hurrah! Hurrah!
    Hurrah! Hurrah!
    Jacqueline stops to enjoy the sun.
    And they all go marching down to the school to go in to first grade.

Four by four... Sandy stops to sweep the floor.
    Eleven by eleven... Kevin stops to shout,"We're done... Thank heaven!"

Good Luck!!!!