kindergarten demo lesson HELPP!!

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by neenz, Feb 12, 2020.

1. neenz

neenz New Member

Feb 12, 2020

hi all, this is my first time here and I would really appreciate a little help from you all.

so I have been called for an interview for KG teacher role. I did well in the first rounds of interviews and now am asked to do a demo. They told me I can choose any topic and do a demo but should give out my best. The KG supervisor did give me a hint that I can either choose phonics or alphabets or any similar topic.

i am new to the whole teaching thing and KG demo seems a bit scary though I love working with kids. i am kind of nervous. could you please suggest some topics that I could choose and how to go about it?
    I will have around 30-40 mins, around 20 kids and was asked to prepare some activities for each table. there are 3-4 tables/groups.

please HELP as I really want to get this job and do my best.

thanks alot in advance

3. RainStorm

RainStorm Phenom

Feb 12, 2020

neenz,

Welcome to the forum.

I think you'd have better luck getting assistance if you started out by telling us what ideas you have.

People here are great about jumping onboard and helping.

ChildWhisperer likes this.
  4. jai0810

jai0810 New Member

Feb 12, 2020

Hi!

I am also new here. I feel what you are going through and am beginning to apply to jobs now, kindergarten as well. I would be nervous too if I was asked to do a demo. I would definitely go with phonics! Or an activity with sight words. Something hands-on would be best. I've come across a couple of activities such as having students stand up when they hear their word to help promote areas such as phonemic awareness. Metacognition appears to be a great strength/tool to have as well if you want to read a book and have a conversation on it along with some comprehension activities. I'm sorry I cannot be much help, mostly wanted to say good luck and that the internet is a great source for planning!

5. neenz

neenz New Member

Feb 17, 2020 at 4:38 AM

thankyou. :)

6. neenz

neenz New Member

Feb 17, 2020 at 4:42 AM

I am planning to take letter 'o' . The KG supervisor of the school asked me to collect as many resources as possible to teach the letter. A starter activity related to the topic is must - which can be a rhyme.
    am not very familiar with using the smart board, so they said i can skip using it and use projector instead. :)
    so i need to make a lesson plan for teaching letter O, make 3-4 activities related to it and also demonstrate am really good at classroom management *am really nervous at that*