Kindergarten Awards

Discussion in 'Early Childhood Education Archives' started by TeachtheWorld, Apr 29, 2004.

1. TeachtheWorld

TeachtheWorld Companion

Apr 29, 2004

I'm new to this grade. We are supposed to give out awards at our end of the year assembly. So far, I've thought of these: Most Improved Reading, MI Math, MI Phonics, Most Creative, Best Handwriting
    Are there any others that you give out? I have 19 students and I'd like to see them all get an award.

3. adria

adria Comrade

Apr 29, 2004

How about attendance, leadership abilities, a student who was shy and has broken out of their shell......

4. TchrsAide

TchrsAide Rookie

Apr 29, 2004

Awards

We don't give awards to our Kindergarteners, but our Head Start program gives awards at their 4/5 yr. old graduation ceremony each year. They consider each child individually and pick out a quality they want to recognize. Some are silly, some not...but each child gets something. Some of their categories include "Best Hugger", "Biggest Smile", "Most Imaginative", "Best Dressed", etc.

5. hescollin

hescollin Fanatic

Apr 29, 2004

ideas

Our teachers give lots award certificates: How about can count by 5's to 100. count by 10's to 100. Can write #'s to 100. Know specific sight words and the number of words. Knows all the names of the lower and capital letters. Can write all 26 letters. Can recite the ABC's. Can recite the days of the week and months of the year. Can tie their shoe strings. Can jump rope # of times. Can write their name, phone # and address without help. Perfect attendance like above. Each student gets 5 or 6 awards.

6. mommaruthie

mommaruthie Aficionado

Apr 30, 2004