KinderCare

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by newbie0809, Sep 9, 2009.

1. newbie0809

newbie0809 Companion

Sep 9, 2009

I received a phone call from them after applying and will probably have a phone interview with them soon. If I get the jobI want full time so that more than likely means I will be teaching prek or younger. I have taught school age and most of my experience was school age. I only have a few months experiece really volunteering in a pre-k room. One of my questions is what kind of questions would they ask me or what kind of things would I need to know about the little ones? Does anyone have experience working with Kindercare and their curriculum?

Thanks!

3. teacherR

teacherR Companion

Sep 11, 2009

I worked for KinderCare for a long time. Out here each center is different because it depends who the director is. I think that their main goal is great customer service so they will probably ask you questions about tending to family needs. They often look for people who are reliable, and flexible. The curriculum is all written out for you so all you have to do is read and follow. They will ask things like, "If we called your former employer and asked them to describe your strengths or weaknesses what would they say?" or "Describe a difficult interaction you have had with a parent or a student and how you resolved it". What is your goal for the next five years. Basic stuff, I think. Hope that helps a little.

4. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Sep 11, 2009

I have worked for Kindercare as a K teacher--for a week. They are really into customer relations, which is good. The written curriculum is helpful, but I am too independent to really use it. I was able to negociate my rate of pay. Good luck.

5. tgpii

tgpii Comrade

Mar 12, 2012

So a Kindercare called me today. They said they had my resume on file from a while ag

So a Kindercare called me today. They said they had my resume on file from a while ago and wanted to know if I wanted to interview. I think I remember applying there long ago. We set it up for latter in the week, but then the person wanted it tomorrow I ask what position and they said they have several openings at a few locations in there area. The Kindercare is far from me but is in a location I am trying to relocate to. I have interviewed in the past with Kindercare. I do have experience and meet the daycare teacher and director requirements for my state. Yes I am a male. I think Knowledge Learning Corporation is now knowledge Universe. Any advice? :help: