Kinder team building

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by janney, Jul 7, 2011.

1. janney

janney Cohort

Jul 7, 2011

What are some team building activities that you do with your Kinders the first few weeks of school? Which ones do you think have the most impact on how the rest of the year flows?

3. DrivingPigeon

DrivingPigeon Phenom

Jul 8, 2011

I followed the First Six Weeks of School last year (I taught kinder the past 3 years). I didn't do the daily lesson plans exactly as they suggested, but I began the day with morning meeting, which offered the opportunity for so many team building activities. I would suggest looking into those 2 books (The First Six Weeks of School and The Morning Meeting Book).

4. janney

janney Cohort

Jul 10, 2011

:thanks:Thanks for the book suggestion drivingpigeon! I looked at the first chapter of the First Six Weeks of School online and I'm going to order it. I love that it's divided into the different grade levels and I saw ideas for recess games and activities as well which is great because we have lots of concrete for games at my school.

5. DrivingPigeon

DrivingPigeon Phenom

Jul 10, 2011

You're welcome! I think you'll really like the book. I'm even going to re-read it this summer. :)

6. janney

janney Cohort

Jul 29, 2011

:celebrate:So excited! I just went to B&N to check to see if they had these two books before I ordered them online. They had both of them and The First 6 Weeks was in the clearance box for 75% off!!! I got it for $6. :woot:

I then felt justified in buying First Day Jitters and The Gingerbread Man Loose in the School. :whistle: