Kinder room arrangement ideas? (Pictures in post)

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by MrsJay, Jul 15, 2014.

1. MrsJay

MrsJay Rookie

Jul 15, 2014

I got to see my kindergarten classroom yesterday :) I spent about an hour in there but wasn't able to move furniture around. It is missing the kinder carpet, but the P is ordering me one.

I have 5 tables for students, a kidney table, an anchor chart stand and a teacher's desk. I have two white boards. A small one on the back wall and a larger one on the front board. The larger one has to be used for projecting (at least the middle of it) because that's where the projector is on the celling.

Should I make the other white board the morning meeting area?

Where do I put the teacher's desk and the kidney table? If you notice, behind the back door is my telephone, printer, computer and etc. I could get rid of the teacher's desk if I needed to.

I also need a reading corner.

I think I'm feeling a little overwhelmed since I only got to look and not really move things around and see how they fit.

How would you arrange this room?

On a side note, this room has SO much storage. It is unbelievable the amount of storage I have. The large white board slides open and has shelving inside of it. I am LOVING it. There is a pod thats connected to my room that has a bathroom for the kids. I am so happy with my campus and classroom! :)

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. otterpop

otterpop Aficionado

Jul 15, 2014

No time for a longer post but just wanted to say I love your classroom! Totally a blank canvas! I hope you'll let us know what you do with it.

4. iteachbx

iteachbx Enthusiast

Jul 15, 2014

It looks huge! It seems like at least part of the white boards would probably be the best place for a calendar and other things you would use for morning meeting. Good luck! Share pictures when it's finished.

5. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Jul 15, 2014

Storage behind the white boards? THAT IS AWESOME! Gosh! Love that idea! And MAN, that is a HUGE ROOM!!

6. CFClassroom

CFClassroom Connoisseur

Jul 18, 2014

Beautiful space with awesome neutral color. It truly is a blank canvas. Have fun setting it up. :) Jodi

7. mandamouse123

mandamouse123 Rookie

Aug 19, 2014

What did you end up doing with your room? I read your post in July, and now I'm dying to know!

8. MzMooreTeaches

MzMooreTeaches Cohort

Aug 19, 2014

The size of your room is amazing! It looks great, I cant wait to see your update and how you set everything up! You got a carpet ordered and purchase through the P... how lucky, I had to get my own carpet through donors choose!

9. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Aug 20, 2014

The room looks huge!! There are so many things that you can do with it. I hope that you will update us once you're finished.