Kinder Interview

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by teach2heart, Aug 30, 2007.

1. teach2heart

teach2heart Rookie

Aug 30, 2007

Hi all! :)

I have an interview for an all-day Kindergarten position this Friday. School starts next Tuesday! :help: I was wondering if you might have any tips/suggestions? I student taught in 1st and did a long-term sub last year in another 1st. Also, at the end of the interview I am to teach a mini-literacy lesson. I was going to introduce "making connections" to a text. Would this be age appropriate?

Thanks in advance for your ideas! :)

3. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Aug 30, 2007

Wow! I have never had to teach a lesson during an interview *cross fingers*, but I believe that in kinder, literacy is all about making connections. Good Luck!!

4. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 30, 2007

Oh wow!! Exciting. I think making connections lesson could work-depends on the book you were going to use. Your experience in first will be a definite asset. Good luck!!

5. teach2heart

teach2heart Rookie

Aug 30, 2007

Thank you! Yes, this district has everyone teach a mini-lesson during their interviews. I had to teach a few last summer during some interviews, and the adults interviewing you have to act like the children if it's summertime! It's a little awkward but oh well :) Any suggestions on the text? I have a couple I used in 1st that I was thinking of using-- "Hooway for Wodney Wat" is one of them. Suggestions?? Thanks! :)

6. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 30, 2007

Since it's the beginning of school, "First Day Jitters" is cute!!