Kinder Graduation

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by SchoolRocks, Mar 31, 2008.

1. SchoolRocks

SchoolRocks Companion

Mar 31, 2008

Don't know if anyone started talking about this yet, but what are your plans for Kinder. Graduation? I received my cap/gowns today! Hard to believe it is only 2 months until summer vacation!:eek:

I am doing "Kindergartner, Kindergartner, What did you see?"
    Kid replies- "I seen the ____ and it was fun for me!"
    They will pick one thing they enjoyed and draw a picture to go with it!

The kids will also read a book aloud (1 page per kid).

3. teach_kids

teach_kids Rookie

Apr 4, 2008

I have a very small class (between 8 and 13 each year) so I have each child write, edit, illustrate and then publish a book and we read the books at our graduation. It's a real culmination to what we are doing all year... and the parents seem to love it!

4. purplecrazy21

purplecrazy21 Comrade

Apr 5, 2008

I posted to this thread too...why are my posts disappearing??
    Anyway, we're going to sing several songs that the kids have learned in our music class. We're going to sing This Little Light of Mine, He's Got the Whole World In His Hands, Five Little Monkeys, and I've Been Working on the Railroad.(Hopefully...our music teacher is not superb and I have no idea how well my kids really know these songs). We're also going to sing the First Grade, First Grade song that several posters on here and other teaching boards have mentioned. It is to the tune of New York, New York.
    We will also slide down the slide on the playground to symbolize moving to first grade(I don't know much about this...it's tradition at my school and this is my first year here).
    I might also find the poem about sending the kids back to their parents and read that at the ceremony.
    I'm going to recruit my Monday volunteer to start making the graduation caps. Does anybody know how to make the gowns out of tissue paper? I've seen them, but I don't know how to make them.

5. SchoolRocks

SchoolRocks Companion

Apr 5, 2008

I'm not sure about making the gowns- that is a cute idea. Let me know what you find about that:) I love the slide idea- but our graduation is not at the actual school:(

6. vannapk

vannapk Groupie

Apr 6, 2008

I have a page on my website with graduation ideas. There are books, speeches, poems, souvenirs, and links to more ideas. I teach in a pk-5 building so we don't do a "graduation", just a short "moving up" ceremony, about 10 minutes.
    good luck!