Kind Words

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by KinderCowgirl, Aug 21, 2010.

1. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Aug 21, 2010

We've been back to school for a week officially now for in-service. I did a p.d. presentation for the staff which causes me anxiety, both the presenting part and the "is this going to be something they hate" part. I had several teachers come up to me afterward and say such nice things about my ideas-it just really makes your day.

We also did a team-building activity which usually makes me roll my eyes, but several people shared compliments with me and I am not a crier by nature, but it made me want to cry (in a good way;) ). You try to do your best with the kids and if others notice that-it's a side-benefit, something you didn't even really hope for.

As we all start going back to work, just a little reminder how a few words can mean so much to someone! I'll file those statements away mentally to fall back to get through a particularly stressful day.:wub:

3. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

Aug 21, 2010

I'm glad you had this experience :)

4. teacherSMK

teacherSMK Habitué

Aug 22, 2010

It never ceases to amaze me...how good it feels to get recognized, complimented, etc. I try really hard to remember to do that for my coworkers, especially during the more stressful times of the year(like now). I am so glad you had a positive experience! I can talk to Kindergarteners all day long, put me up in front of grown-ups, and I shake like a leaf! :hugs:

5. Starista

Starista Cohort

Aug 22, 2010

I agree 100%! Kind words are miracle-workers for some days! :)

6. lilmisses1014

lilmisses1014 Comrade

Aug 22, 2010

Well done, kindercowgirl!! You're awesome!! :D

7. tracykaliski

tracykaliski Connoisseur

Aug 22, 2010

How nice. Were the dissenters there? Did your principal have to ask them to leave?

Glad you got some good kudos for it. You deserve it!

8. scmom

scmom Enthusiast

Aug 22, 2010

Thank you for reminding us of this important lesson. A few kind words cost nothing, take little time and can make a big difference in someone's life. I am making it my goal this year to try to remember this daily.

9. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Aug 22, 2010

Actually everyone was on their best behavior! :eek: Some were obviously uninterested-but that's fine-I just focused on the ones who were.

10. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

Aug 22, 2010

KinderCowgirl I don't care what people say about you I still like you :lol:

Praise does wonders. How funny it is when we are praised we learn so much more and we perform better!

Someone should do a study on Praise :spitwater:;)

Because I know a lot about Mac Computers I used to get asked a lot to help on the computer inservices. It is kind of nice to hear your name mentioned "If you need help Dave knows what he is doing and he will help you"