Kind words from a student

Discussion in 'General Education' started by catnfiddle, Nov 23, 2009.

1. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Nov 23, 2009

Every week I have a different writing prompt that is similar to bell work. This week I decided to honor the spirit of Thanksgiving and asked my students about the nicest thing someone has done for them. Here's what one of my students had to say:

Well now that you mention it I think that one of the nicest things that has happened to me this year is Mrs. Fiddle helping me with getting to my work. I know I can do it, and have in the past, it's just sitting there in that chair that gets me. However, Mrs. Fiddle, being the nice person she is, kept calling me up telling to get work done or else! lol. Glad to say I got it done! I don't think I would have gotten anything thing done if she wouldn't have picked up that phone and lord knows I needed that grade.​

:wub::wub::wub:​

3. fuzed_fizzion

fuzed_fizzion Comrade

Nov 23, 2009

That is so nice for you to be able to read! Those little bits of appreciation are all we need to keep on going! Keep up the great work!

4. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Nov 23, 2009

Awwww. What a sweet student! Good for you.

5. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Nov 23, 2009

What a sweet response!

6. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Nov 23, 2009

The only thing was that I immediately had to call the student to ask him why he's two weeks behind on his assignments. He laughed and swore that he would get to work because I called him.

7. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Nov 23, 2009

Wow, another student!

Lastly, the nicest thing a teacher has ever done for me would be all the words of confidence and support Mrs. Fiddle has given me. Her sincere words of genuine belief in my writing skills have helped me to aim for the top, even when my own belief in my abilities falters.​

8. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Nov 23, 2009

Wow, how wonderful!

9. wrice

wrice Habitué

Nov 23, 2009

Congrats! print it and put it in a red folder in the back of the bottom drawer of your desk! other days when you might just need a little shot of good news you can look in that folder!

10. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Nov 23, 2009

I'm having one of those days that makes me know I made the right vocational choice. This isn't a job but a career and a calling. I'll probably go back to pulling out my own hair soon enough, but for now I'm basking.

11. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Nov 23, 2009

I agree--print it out, but don't hide it away! I have a page of appreciations from last year's grade 8s hanging on the wall beside my desk where I can read it every day.