Kids say the darndest things

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by TeachFirst123, Nov 4, 2008.

1. TeachFirst123

TeachFirst123 Rookie

Nov 4, 2008

This may be a thread that is already out there somewhere, but I think it is so fun to read other teacher's funniest classroom stories. Kids say and do the darndest things and we know we all love to hear about them. So, is anyone up for sharing some of their funny stories? Here is one of mine.

I had just read the book "Dream Snow" by Eric Carle to my 1st graders. I then had them draw an animal and cut out a snow shape to cover their animal with white paper. Then the students had to give a clue about their animal and we guessed what it was. One of the boys came up and said, "It starts with an m." The kids were guessing monkey, moose, mouse, ... After no one could figure it out, I finally asked him what animal he drew. His reply, "A mote contol." (Remote control) - Not only does it not start with an m, but when did a remote control become an animal??:lol:

3. afterschoolgirl

afterschoolgirl New Member

Nov 5, 2008

We were talking about what the president does and i had the kids write what they would like about being president. One girl said she would like to use the presidental stamp/seal. Anther said that she would like to sit at the fancy desk. They are just so funny sometimes.

4. Giggles1100

Giggles1100 Comrade

Nov 5, 2008

We were reading Because of Winn Dixie out loud and I asked the question, "so who was Opal's boss?", I teach a Special Ed Life Skills class, and one of my autistic girls promptly responded "Tony Danza"

5. Go 4th

Go 4th Habitué

Nov 5, 2008

Teacher: What comes in pairs?

Student: Boobies

Teacher: ROFL!!!!!! Couldn't even try to control it!

6. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Nov 5, 2008

Hilarious!

Today, one of my 'special' students asked me at lunch to spell 'Y-U-P' in front of all the other kids. I hadn't heard this one before, but my mind is too quick for them. I immediatley realized what he was trying to pull, so I told him in my teacher voice to sit down and eat his lunch. I went back to eating and the other kids were all like 'why did you ask her that? She's a teacher.' One of the girls said in a warning tone 'So-and-so, she DOESN'T have her laughing face on!' Apparently when I think something is funny but can't let on, I tell kids to sit down and hide it with a 'laughing face'! But not today.... ;)

7. WaterfallLady

WaterfallLady Enthusiast

Nov 5, 2008

One of my students told me he was going off his menopause pills...
    we still can't figure out what he was trying to say.

8. KatieC

KatieC Rookie

Nov 5, 2008

One of my 7th graders came to be during passing period this morning with a very concerned look on his face. He asked me in the most serious of voices, "Since Obama is going to be President now, is he going to make all white people slaves?"

9. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Nov 5, 2008

At our school we go swimming twice a month as part of PE. I have a boy who really can't swim and needs to wear a life vest. He is also struggling academically.

I said to him: You know, I can help you learn to swim, just like I help you learn to read, write and do math.

He said: let me finish learning to read first. I can only focus on one thing at a time.

10. Giggles1100

Giggles1100 Comrade

Nov 5, 2008

One of my kids said that today too, I wonder what they are hearing at home.

11. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Nov 5, 2008

We were having a discussion on respect and one of my 8th graders said "respect be when a pimp and a ho don't be gettin' in no fights cause the ho has a line" HUH????? When I asked him to explain, the general drift was that men should respect women and not get upset when women are educated and/or have an opinion and voice said opinion.

12. Kteacher06

Kteacher06 Companion

Nov 6, 2008

A couple of years ago, one of my Kinders said (after returning all sweaty from recess), "I'm so hot, my skin's going to turn to chicken!"