Kids say the cutest things!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by leighbball, Jul 26, 2007.

1. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Jul 26, 2007

I was at a baseball game last night for a few of my former students who are on the all-star team. One of the other player's little brothers was eating an ice pop and he gave his mom a taste (I think the boy is 3). When a friend of his mom's asked if she could have a taste, he got a serious look on his face and said to her "No, we don't have the same germs." It was hysterical!! She giggled and said she was just kidding anyway. But it was soooo cute!

3. OtterMom

OtterMom Comrade

Jul 26, 2007

Once, on the playground, some of my kindergarten girls were hanging around the sandbox wall, where I was sitting.

One of them sat on my lap for a minute or two, and then said, "Now it's YOUR turn to sit on MY lap." I said, "No, no, sweetie, I'm too fat. I'd squish you!"

"Oh, NO, Mrs. Otter - you're not fat, you're SKINNY..."

(I was feeling pretty cool)

..."except for your butt!" :huh: Ouch!

Actually, since I've told this story a million times, it must not have been too traumatic. Kids are adorable, and sooooo honest! :)

4. gmer22

gmer22 Rookie

Jul 26, 2007

They do say the cutest things. :)...I cut my hair really short about 3 weeks ago and my fiancees 4 yr old nephew had not seen me until this past sunday at church. He went up to me and tells me..."Are you Auntie Grisel my uncle's Auntie Grisel or are you another Auntie Grisel cause you look diff?" I told him I was his uncle's Auntie Grisel and he goes on...." Well you look very pretty...I don't know if my uncle likes you anymore but if he doesn't like you, you can be my girlfriend." So cute....I love him...he comes up with the funniest remarks...

5. BethMI

BethMI Cohort

Jul 27, 2007

Last year I went to my son's daycare on his b'day to have lunch with him. He was turning 3. He had made cupcakes to pass out and I reminded him that he couldn't lick his fingers as he passed them out. After each cupcake he licked his fingers. After each lick I told him he couldn't lick his fingers, he had to wait til he was done. He finallylooked at me and held up his hand and said, "Can you lick them then?" I thought that was so funny.:lol:

6. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Jul 27, 2007

My mom went to a dinner at some cousins house. There was a little boy cousin there about 2-3 years old my mom sat next to. He put his hand on her knee & he said "How you doin?" Do you think his parents watched Friends???