Khan Academy, Donors Choose

Discussion in 'Secondary Education' started by shoebottom, Mar 29, 2015.

1. shoebottom

shoebottom Companion

Mar 29, 2015

Looking for high school teachers who had their students complete the Khan Academy or Codecademy coding program for Donors Choose gift cards. Do you know when we should be expecting the codes? I have found 3 different dates.

3. Peregrin5

Peregrin5 Maven

Mar 30, 2015

Are they still doing that this year? Here is what a Google search turned up:

If I would have known, I would have done it. I got the 1000 dollars last year and it was great.

4. shoebottom

shoebottom Companion

Mar 30, 2015

I had 12 to complete the program this year. That is date that I came up with too. I can't get either one to return an email. My teacher account shows that all of my students completed the program but I have not received am email from them yet. It sure would be useful.. I hope it all works out. I didn't find out about it until almost a month after it started.

5. shoebottom

shoebottom Companion

Mar 30, 2015

And this year you could have earned 4000 a teacher... boy what I could do with that :)

6. Peregrin5

Peregrin5 Maven

Mar 30, 2015

Wow! I'm bummed. I did it last year with the Code.org stuff though, and the kids hated it. I felt really bad because I felt I was just making them do it for the money (which was a large part of my motivation-but we were also learning coding). The activities were just really boring for the most part.

I've tried Codecademy stuff though, and it's pretty neat since it makes them use actual text coding.