Keep looking on the bright side..........

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by yarnwoman, Jul 19, 2007.

1. yarnwoman

yarnwoman Cohort

Jul 19, 2007

I have been applying everywhere and was beginning to think with no interviews for over 2 months I would have to start applying other places. Then this week it has been crazy I have had two interviews this week with another tomorrow morning. Next week I have two scheduled and another possible.
    The possible they wrote an email and said they wanted to interview me if I was still interested. I emailed back and will call them tomorrow.

I have also gotten three so sorry we hired someone else letters this week.

So think positive. I hope everyone starts getting calls.

3. nicegirl

nicegirl Comrade

Jul 19, 2007

yarnwoman, you are correct. It will happen when it is supposed to! You hit that surge and off you go! Good luck on all your future interviews!

4. mommaruthie

mommaruthie Aficionado

Jul 20, 2007

monty python has a GREAT Whistle song...
    Always look on the bright side of life

5. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jul 20, 2007

Good luck with all your upcoming interviews! Now is the time that schools kick it into high gear trying to fill open positions. I'm sure you'll get exactly what you want!

6. alphabet

alphabet Rookie

Jul 21, 2007

I agree. Last week I went on two 'called-the-day-before' interviews, plus the Chicago Public School job fair. Some of my Mid level endorsement class teachers have said that this is scramble time. Registration counts are starting to come in, referendums that have passed the most recent election are coming into play, and teachers might be leaving their old positions for new ones and leaving their spots open.

This is the time to really start being agressive, apparently. I hope it works in some of our favors!

7. nicegirl

nicegirl Comrade

Jul 22, 2007

I am definitely trying to stay aggressive just this weekend I submitted my resume and letter of interest to at least 10 new schools. Hope that pays off!! :)