Keep interviewing or stop?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by texashistory, Aug 13, 2014.

1. texashistory

texashistory Rookie

Aug 13, 2014

So yesterday I interviewed yesterday with School A and it went fantastic. Principal recommended me for hire with HR within the hour and the final processing is occurring as of now. She even said she has a feeling I'll be getting calls about interviews soon but hopefully I won't go on them.

And now today I've received 3 calls from 2 other districts for interviews. Part of me wants to interview but School A is my dream district, location location location, everything. And I loved that it was my first interview. Principal called me the very next day after I submitted my interviews. School A just feels so meant but getting other interviews is excited and nerve wracking. I'm not good at turning people down (then again I've only every gotten one job offer at a time).

There's to guarantee anything comes from these interviews but should I go? Even though I emailed and said I accept the recommendation offer from School A?

School A was in a crunch the principal said because they were done with hiring but the person who they'd just recommended for hire got their generalist results back and didn't pass and with Texas' 45 day lockout on retakes they had to start looking and the day they started looking they saw my application.

I feel like processing time for all of them would be about the same. I already emailed HR to accept the recommendation so I just don't know if I should interview or not.

3. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Aug 13, 2014

I don't know how Texas works, but I would keep interviewing until I signed a contract and/or was approved by the school board. Even if school A works out fine, it will give you some more experience interviewing.

When is the first day?

4. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Aug 13, 2014

If you have already accepted the position and you are happy with the district, then I would stop interviewing. Just let the schools that want to interview that you have already accepted a position for this school year.

5. texashistory

texashistory Rookie

Aug 13, 2014

First day of school is 8/25. I don't even know how it works either really. I get it but so many things aren't really clear.

I didn't want to put all my eggs in one basket yesterday because it was my first interview and the only school I'd heard from and now all of a sudden I'm getting calls.

6. smalltowngal

Aug 13, 2014

texashistory~does your new district have new teacher orientation this week?

7. texashistory

texashistory Rookie

Aug 13, 2014

It started today and yesterday and professional development days are next week. The principal told HR can be really really slow and that new teacher orientation started today but she doubted anything would be processed that day (yesterday) but that she would recommend me for hire asap and she did.

Within 2 hours I had an email from HR detailing my next steps - references, fingerprinting, etc and that the recommendation acceptance is conditional on final review of my application and board approval, etc.

8. smalltowngal

Aug 13, 2014

Were you able to attend the orientation? I know that in one district, I attended new hire orientation before signing my contract. I would also give your current job a heads up (if you haven't already) what the next steps for you are and that they should be expecting a resignation from you soon.

9. texashistory

texashistory Rookie

Aug 13, 2014

No, they didn't mention anything about it because my application and info is still processing. It could be because professional development days are next week. I don't know.

I was going to email HR about it but I really don't want to seem like a pain asking when my stuff is still processing to finalization

10. teachart

teachart Comrade

Aug 13, 2014

You could continue interviewing. I did - and I was upfront that I had already received an offer but hadn't signed. Sometimes it went over well and they rushed to convince me to work for them - but it could backfire too.

11. MissPapa

MissPapa Comrade

Aug 13, 2014

I interviewed until all my paperwork was done and was put in the system. Now I'm having fun shooing away other schools that call me :lol:

I'd still do it until you are processed. I know, very daunting! But better to cover yourself up, no? Chances are you will be fine and keep that job, but there's always that annoying 1% chance.