Katy ISD

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Emmy, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Emmy

Emmy Companion

Feb 29, 2012

I live in Houston, and would really like to work in Katy ISD. However I've heard Katy ISD is one of the hardest districts to get hired, especially if you don't have public school experience like myself. I'd really like to teach in Katy ISD. Any tips of how to get hired? I went onto the Katy website and right now they are only hiring internal applicants. I've done an application in hopes later on in the hiring season they'll hire externally, but am getting discouraged seeing all the "interanal applicants only". However I do know of a classmate of mine who was hired in Katy ISD as a first year teacher several years ago, but that was before the economy got bad.

Anyone know of other school districts on the west side of Houston that might not be as difficult as Katy that would be worth applying to? I've already applied to CyFair and Spring Branch as well.

3. kevmic28

kevmic28 Companion

Mar 1, 2012

I dont know where Klein isd is to Houston but I have 3 friends who are new teachers and have been hired there in the last month.

4. Emmy

Emmy Companion

Mar 1, 2012

Thanks! I googled Klein, and from where I am right now its about a 30 minute drive, which isn't bad. Thats how far I'm driving right now for my church preschool job.

5. Geauxtee

Geauxtee Comrade

Mar 2, 2012