Kate's Hike For Haccamo Invitation...

Discussion in 'In Memory of ellen_a' started by kate_a, Apr 18, 2008.

1. kate_a

kate_a Rookie

Apr 18, 2008

I know I mentioned this briefly in my update post last month, but I wanted to make a new post now that things are a little farther along in the planning process.

Hike for Haccamo will be held October 12th, at several sites in & around Rochester, New York. It is being held in memory of Ellen. It will benefit the Rotary Camp Haccamo, the place where my sister had her first special education experiences. You can find out more about the event, the camp, and my sister at http://www.hikeforhaccamo.org

Registration for the event has not started yet, but if you are in the Rochester area, my family and I would love for you to consider attending. If you are not in the area, you can participate in a Virtual Bike Hike or Run. If you're interested in registering or making a donation, you can check out http://www.firstgiving.com/kateaquino2 My family and friends are in the early stages of forming a team and starting fund raising, so we hope the see the team grow as the actual date approaches (lol, at this exact moment, it's just my mom and I :D)

Again, we'd love for this event to be a success, so if you're in the area, definitely think about attending. Thanks again for everyone's continous support...

Kate

3. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Apr 18, 2008

Thanks so much for posting this for us, Kate. Ellen was such a valued contributor to this site; I know that there are many of us who would be interested in honouring her memory along with you.

4. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Apr 26, 2008

I wanted to bump this in case anyone didn't see it the first time.

5. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Apr 26, 2008

Thanks Tasha!

6. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

May 2, 2008

Thanks Kate! Hope it is a success! :hugs:

7. kate_a

kate_a Rookie

Sep 9, 2008

Just a shameless bump on my part, now that the event is a little closer... Thanks to everyone who has helped me come close to reaching my goal- I'm almost there!

XO,
    K

8. Amanda

Amanda Administrator Staff Member

Sep 10, 2008

9. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Oct 15, 2008

Thanks for bumping this Amanda. I don't know how I missed it:( I just checked and I think we could still make donations.