K-8 Virtual School

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Memom2, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Memom2

Memom2 Rookie

Jul 18, 2011

So I finally have an interview, however it is with a K-8 virtual school. I understand virtual high school, but K-8? Anyone know anything about this type of school?:help:

3. juliechsa

juliechsa Rookie

Jul 19, 2011

The ones I know of in WI have to have a parent in the home to be the proctor/tutor of the work that is being completed. The online teacher does the planning and grading but the parent may be the one presenting the info, depending on the computer set up.

I would gather as much info about the school ahead of time and then ask how the system works using what you have learned in your research.

Good luck!

4. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Jul 19, 2011

The elementary portion of my school has a lot of live interaction with the students, who are required to be online for at least three hours a day for set hours for this instruction. Everyone has a headset with a microphone.

5. Memom2

Memom2 Rookie

Jul 19, 2011

That sounds better than what I was imagining. After looking through the website, it looks like the lessons are already set. I looked through some previous threads and people seem to be happy working at this type of school. I just have to change my thinking about the "classroom" I had imagined. The interview is Monday. They want people with 3 years teaching experience and I am a new teacher, so this is a long shot.

6. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Jul 19, 2011

My lessons are pretty much set but I can get pretty creative with what I have. It's like a pedagogical sonnet.