Justice for Jane

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Christine3, Nov 3, 2007.

1. Christine3

Christine3 Cohort

Nov 3, 2007

Justice for Jane is a website which tells the story of 'jane' a 13yr old girl from Wales GB. A lot of what has happened cannot be put into open print (for legal reasons) so the website shows the 'bare bones' of the story thus far.

here is the link http://www.justiceforjane.co.uk/index.html.

Once again thank you for taking the time to read this, if you can offer any help, advice or support it would be gratefully received.

3. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

Nov 3, 2007

Wow - how horribly sad for Jane and her family. I sent this out to all my friends and family

4. ad65shorty

ad65shorty Companion

Nov 3, 2007

How horrible! I was so sad to read this. Thank you for the post.

5. eduk8r

eduk8r Enthusiast

Nov 4, 2007

Clz Teach, I didn't really get what kind of help they are asking for? What I was wondering, considering the history is why they haven't looked into alternative education for this girl? Maybe I'm not reading it right?

6. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Nov 4, 2007

I am with you eduk8r. I don't know what they expect from the school, when several times they state that they had to call in police to control her at home. I get frustrated with parents that want me to "raise" their child for them. I had one parent that wanted me to take recess from her child because she had hit her brother at bedtime the night before and the mother didn't want to punish her because "I am always the bad guy."

7. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Nov 4, 2007

I think it sounds like they were happy when Jane was placed in that smaller class and it sounds like she excelled in the program.

8. uclalum

uclalum Groupie

Nov 4, 2007

She does seem to need some sort of alternative education. It was mentioned that Jane was accused of bullying other students as well as disrupting instruction. I am not only concerned about Jane, but I am extremely concerned for the rest of the students at the school. It must be frustrating and difficult for them to learn due to some of Jane's disruptions. Jane is not to blame. She has a disability that causes her to act the way she does. However, the other children don't deserve to have their education disrupted by Jane's actions. I really feel for the parents. I can't even imagine all the stress they must be under. I hope things start to look better for everyone involved.