just wondering?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by drowningintears, Oct 22, 2007.

1. eduk8r

eduk8r Enthusiast

Oct 24, 2007

Alice it was a joke. :) and the person who said it was Jarenko, not Drowning... which is why I made the joke. Kids in public schools are always going around saying this and that is discrimination, they say it jokingly most of the time, "teacher! She won't let me play jumprope 'cause I'm a boyyyy! She's discriminating against me!" stuff like that...:D

2. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Oct 24, 2007

Sorry. You know how it is with the internet... the whole tone -of-voice thing disappears :)

3. eduk8r

eduk8r Enthusiast

Oct 24, 2007

I do know. I do it all the time. :)

4. drowningintears

drowningintears Rookie

Oct 27, 2007

hey...sorry i haven't been posting..ive been busy...:) but im back!

5. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Oct 27, 2007

Someone has already said the two biggest things I would have said...

First, look at yourself and see what you can change. I would assume that either you are doing something and aren't able to admit it to yourself or others OR your perception of the world is colored possibly (but not necessarily) by depression. If you said one person hates you, then I would have wondered what's up with them. You said they all hate you. There is something going on within yourself. That doesn't mean something you are doing bad, it just means you may need help dealing with your emotions, your perceptions and anything else that may be effecting how you feel about yourself, school and life.

SO my second suggestion would have been the same as others that you may need to talk to someone offline. Start somewhere. I also liked the posts about how all of us go through the "teenage years" and we get through it. Something that is harder for us to remember sometimes when we work with preteens and teenagers is that they are discovering themselves and sometimes the perception is larger than we would have percieved it as an adult but it doesn't make it less so.

P.S. Speaking of internet tone, I came up with suggestion based on one sentence you said and your user name "drowning in tears." I know nothing about you but I made a broad assumption. It could be true but it could also be far from the truth. That's why internet phychology isn't as reliable.

6. Christine3

Christine3 Cohort

Oct 27, 2007

Welcome drowningintears!

I did not read threw all of the replies to please don't mind me if I repeat anything.

What makes you think they hate you? Hate is a very strong word...

Sometimes body language can throw students off. Think about what you do in class. Are you doing your work? Participating?

Teachers like the students that show EFFORT and want to learn ;)

Hang in there...I'm sure they don't HATE you. I never hate a student. Sure at times I dislike a student's actions but never the student.

7. eduk8r

eduk8r Enthusiast

Oct 28, 2007

I'm so glad to see you smiling. :) I told you it was going to get better! :love: