Just wanted to tell of something funny..

Discussion in 'General Education' started by mandagap06, Jul 19, 2008.

1. mandagap06

mandagap06 Devotee

Jul 19, 2008

Just wanted to tell of something funny I do with young kids when I sub maybe (k-2nd grade no older). When I read them a book I replace the name of the person/animal in the story with one of there names. I do it when they are talking or bothering others to get there attention, but I also do it to add humor to the story. When they hear there name they think it is soooo funny and I do too. Some have said " I have heard this story and I am not in it". I joke and say well whoever read it to you read it wrong. At the end of the story I explain that they were not really in the book but they love it and many will say" Am I in the story too?" I will say I don't know ask " and I will say the name of someone in the class who "was in" the story. What do you think of this do you like it? I don't always do it. Especially if It is something they are going to be graded on andI know it then I don't do that since they may need to know the real names from the story.

3. SpaceAngel

SpaceAngel Comrade

Jul 19, 2008

I do something similar with my 3-5 year olds. When reading a familiar story I change some of the words and act very surprised when I am corrected. It started when they were a little antsy one day, and now they beg me to "read it silly".