Just wanted to share my happiness (small victories)!

Discussion in 'General Education' started by bewlove, Mar 17, 2015.

1. bewlove

bewlove Companion

Mar 17, 2015

Hey, all!

My small victory today is that I just finished with my final observation of my first year teaching (I have had 4 this year)!!!!!!!!!! My P just popped in, and stayed for about 30 minutes. I'm not sure my assessments were great today, but I feel that my class was good and my instruction was decent. This was an instruction/environment observation and it was unannounced.

Anyway, I'm just super excited. It's a weight off my shoulders. I hope you all are enjoying your last few months of school and finishing up with your observations as well!!!! :D :D :D

3. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Mar 17, 2015

That's the best feeling - knowing that's done for the year! Congratulations! Now you can relax and just have fun teaching!

4. DigitalDiva25

DigitalDiva25 Companion

Mar 17, 2015

Doesn't your principal do any observations during the last quarter of the last semester? I know the principals where I work still do walkthroughs around the time after Spring Break

5. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Mar 17, 2015

I had 7 mini observations this year. I was finished about 3 weeks ago.:D

6. Linguist92021

Linguist92021 Phenom

Mar 17, 2015

I have an observation coming up next Tuesday, we just scheduled it. I had one in the fall, and then this one. We only get 2. If I get renewed, I will be tenured. My P already told me a few months ago that she is keeping me, not to stress out, but I don't like to count my chicken before they hatch lol.

7. lucybelle

lucybelle Connoisseur

Mar 18, 2015

Wooo!!! Awesome!

8. mstnteacherlady

mstnteacherlady Cohort

Mar 18, 2015

I know that's a great feeling! I have one remaining for the year, and I'm expecting it to be soon. I'm 10 years in, and it's always nice to have the observations behind me for the year! :lol: Enjoy the rest of your year!

9. mstnteacherlady

mstnteacherlady Cohort

Mar 18, 2015

I'm not sure what the case is for the OP, but our admins have until the first week in April to be completely finished with ours. That may very well be a requirement set by our district though.

10. bewlove

bewlove Companion

Mar 21, 2015

Thanks everyone!!!!!!! I'm not sure what her requirement is, but she told us that she wanted to be done before spring break (which isn't this coming week, but the next). I haven't had my post conference yet, so I don't know how I did, but it's just such a relief. I feel like I can really just close the door and teach.