just took ec-4 ppr test

Discussion in 'Multiple Subject Tests' started by wannateachintx, Mar 16, 2007.

1. wannateachintx

wannateachintx Rookie

Mar 16, 2007

I just got home from taking the ec-4 ppr test on the computer. I will get the official results back in a week but "unofficially" got 67 correct out of 80. Am I safe to assume this is passing?

3. wannateachtx

wannateachtx Rookie

Mar 16, 2007

I have no idea. I take the PPR EC-4 generalist in April. I'm doing the paper based. I just got back my unofficial results on the content test...I passed! Yeah! What do you think about the PPR test opposed to the content part? Any suggestions for studying?

4. souptunuts

souptunuts Rookie

Mar 18, 2007

HI

Your names are so similar I thought you were answering yourself!!

I think you are very safe. I got a 75 out of 80 but I only got a 286 (they took off roughly 2.8 per question).

When I took the content test, I missed 9 but still got a 288. (only 1.3 per question)

Even if they took off 4 per question for you, you still passed.

Your official scores should be on the website tomorrow.

5. wannateachintx

wannateachintx Rookie

Mar 18, 2007

my official or unofficial score should be on the website tomorrow? The way I understood it, the unofficial would be posted online this next Friday, a whole week after the test date. Thanks for the info. Funny story is that I took the test (felt nervous beforehand) and felt very comfortable. I am a very quick test-taker. It took me about an hour and a half for the test. The questions were okay. There were a couple that were worded horrible in my opinion but I used the process of elimination.

I strongly encourage anyone to use REA's study guides. I bought two (same book, only difference is cd included in one) and it really, really helped along with my college courses. When I completed the test and reported my scores, it popped up with 67. I didn't look close enough and assumed that I got 67% correct. Needless to say I was very disappointed. I thought the test was fairly easy and dreaded coming back to take it.

It was only when I got in the elevator did I look at my unofficial report and it showed a breakdown of the questions. I did pretty good in all domains and thought "each domain is passing". I looked again and got 67 correct out of 80. That made my day. My grandmother passed away unexpectedly this past Monday and was one of my biggest supporters.

6. souptunuts

souptunuts Rookie

Mar 18, 2007

I am so sorry to hear about your grandma. You know she would be so proud of you.

I took mine on a Friday and lost connectivity right when I submitted it. I was freaking out because there was no record of my test at the site center! The ETS people told me to check their site on Monday and lo and behold it was there. I think was before noon even.

Do you have a teaching job yet?

7. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Mar 18, 2007

2/3 correct is a passing score, or very near it, on many teacher tests.

8. tweedys2000

tweedys2000 New Member

Apr 17, 2008

can you please help me? i have taken this test 4 times and i failed it. i take it again this saturday can you email me and help me? thank you......tweedys2000@yahoo.com

9. tweedys2000

tweedys2000 New Member

Apr 17, 2008

ppr ec-4

can someone please help me? i have taken this test 4 times and i failed it. i take it again this saturday on april 19th 2008 and can you email me and help me? thank you......tweedys2000@yahoo.com

please someone help me im begging!!!!! pleaaaaaaaseeeee!!!

THX!!!!!!!!!

10. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

Apr 17, 2008

What materials are you using to study? Are you keeping your answers student centered? Are you keeping in mind that students learn best when they have manipulatives and lessons that are concrete to start with? Are you making sure you answers address various learning styles?

In which areas do you do poorly and how close have you been to passing?

11. Razorback

Razorback Rookie

Apr 17, 2008

PPR EC-12

This is just a suggestion should you not pass this weekend. Take the EC-12PPR and you have a better chance at it. I don't know how the EC-4 is but the EC-12 was pretty easy. On almost every question you can narrow it down to 2 answers. You should be able to take it because I have a friend who teaches 1st grade and she took and passed her first time and she narrowed it down to 2 answers. Also try certifiedteacher.com, this site was very helpful in my opinion. I pray that you pass though.

12. preKmommy

preKmommy New Member

Apr 20, 2008

Did you take EC-4 Generalist yet?

Just wondering if you have taken the EC-4 Generalist yet. If so, how did you do on that? I'm taking mine on Friday and was wondering how hard it is!

13. tweedys2000

tweedys2000 New Member

Apr 21, 2008

yes i took it and passed it. it took me 6 times before i passed it because i am not a good test taker. email me at tweedys2000@yahoo.com and we will chat. r u in houston?