Just think "It could be worse. . . ."

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by MelissainGA, Aug 15, 2010.

1. MelissainGA

MelissainGA Groupie

Aug 15, 2010

When you get frustrated just think the title phrase.

We have been in classes (with students) for 6 days. Our kindergarten is so over cap size (22) that they are having to open TWO new classrooms to alleviate overcrowding. Our first grade (cap is 23) is going to have to open ONE new classroom. Our second grades are close as are our fourth grades. It looks like right now that the only ones that aren't right on the border of having to open a new section are us (third) and fifth.

I have to give kudos to our new superintendent. He stated when he took over in July he would hold to the old class size limits (the state "waived" them this year due to the economy) to help with student achievement. He is sticking to his word. I appreciate that after having over cap last year all year long.

3. applecore

applecore Devotee

Aug 15, 2010

Yep, your title fits perfectly for a positive attitude check when I go back next week and prepare to listen to the gripes and moans of changes in positions...at least they have a position to gripe about, er I mean at least they have a job compared to the alternative :)

BIG kudos to your super for keeping true to his word and not wavering. I imagine he knew it was going to be a tough one to keep before hand and has been prepared for the worst. Nice job, super!

4. teachgrade5

teachgrade5 Comrade

Aug 15, 2010

I think it is great that your super is keeping his word. We are in a much different boat. We don't know what is going on with our super. We aren't sure is she is staying or going but we do know that she is on the outs with the school board. It would be nice to know what is going on and if expectations are going to be changing.

5. UVAgrl928

UVAgrl928 Habitué

Aug 16, 2010

That is great that they are adding teachers! I know we have had to do the same the past few years on every grade level, and personally I am always excited about it. I know it keeps my class size down, and I like adding in new teachers with fresh ideas!