Just received job offer Friday!!!!

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by chase10784, May 31, 2015.

1. chase10784

chase10784 Rookie

May 31, 2015

So I want to let everyone know that is on here that is getting discouraged of finding a teaching position that all is not lost. After 4 years of searching for a Guidance counselor position and over 500 applications I have sent I have finally landed a position. So everyone that is trying and trying and can't seem to find something just keep looking and trying!

Ok I do have a question. I was talking to the superintendent and he said someone will contact me about a time to come in to sign my life away lol and what to bring in. I am kinda wanting to get a head start to figuring out what all I will need just to make sure I actually do have everything. I am a school counselor so I assume I will need my license. Then also my graduate school official transcripts (do they need to be sealed or is it ok to bring them not sealed as long as they are official? I have a non-sealed transcript but not a sealed one). Will I need my bachelor's degree transcripts too? Probably my Photo ID and social security card too. What else do you need to bring for that process? Anyone that can help me I am much appreciated. I am also meeting with the board of education meeting June 15th to get basically that final approval (formality).

3. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

May 31, 2015

My district requires an official transcript. If you are in a district that you are already in, then I would say that you will not need your Bachelor's info. A new district may require both degrees. Lastly, congrats on the new job!

4. chase10784

chase10784 Rookie

May 31, 2015

This is my first job ever for any district lol. So I'm betting I'll need both of my official transcripts. Do they need to be sealed? I don't have any sealed ones but I do have both of my official transcripts unsealed. And and thank you! It was a very long 4 year journey after I graduated.

5. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

May 31, 2015

Congrats on your new job!

6. chase10784

chase10784 Rookie

May 31, 2015

Thank you! This feeling was worth the wait.

7. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jun 1, 2015

Congrats! Most districts I've worked for have required sealed transcripts.

8. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Jun 1, 2015

Your photo ID and SS card will serve as your I-9 documents, but you can substitute a passport for both of those if you have one. There is an extensive list of items that work for I-9, so don't let them tell you it has to be a DL and SS card. It does not.

We require a cancelled check for direct deposit, so you may want that handy.

9. ACinTexas

ACinTexas Rookie

Jun 1, 2015

Congrats on the job!

Agree, you can use your passport for the I-9.

10. chase10784

chase10784 Rookie

Jun 1, 2015

So right now I have my school counseling license, an unsealed undergrad transcript, a sealed graduate school transcript, my drivers license and my social security card. So I don't think there is anything else I may actually need. I got a check I can void out if needed as well.

11. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Jun 1, 2015

I'd say you are about 5 steps ahead of anyone I've ever had to hire! Usually it's a process, getting all of the correct documents in. Best wishes!

12. chase10784

chase10784 Rookie

Jun 2, 2015

Thanks! I like to have my ducks in a row and be as prepared as quickly as I can be for anything. Maybe that helped get me the job, Idk. I researched the district and school like mad. I got lucky and got a job in a district in which I live.

13. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Jun 2, 2015

You're going to be fantastic if you're this detail-oriented! My school didn't require my transcripts to be sealed. They also had a fingerprint device so they were able to do the background check there (mine was outdated).

14. chase10784

chase10784 Rookie

Jun 2, 2015

Updated background checks is the one thing I don't have. This job was an unexpected one and I was not in a job that required background checks before being offered this job so I didn't really have the need to go get them. It would be awesome if they had a fingerprint thing there! That would save a ton of time! An thank you! I try to keep my t's crossed and my I's dotted because you never know when you may get thrown a curveball.