Just one bad day!

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by teach101, Aug 20, 2007.

1. teach101

teach101 Companion

Aug 20, 2007

Well got my second rejection letter today. I figured I didn't get the job since they had mentioned they were making their decision rather quickly and it has been over two weeks. Then to top it off, I didn't pass my Math II CSET! I missed it by 8 points, ughghg!! I was hoping to pass that because I would be eligible to teach English or Math. Sorry for the wine fest, but I feel so down and no new prospects. Anyone else having my kind of day? :|

3. MATgrad

MATgrad Groupie

Aug 20, 2007

Today was the first day of school for students. Talk about depressing since there's a bus stop in front of my house. Don't feel so bad about it. I know that most admins are super busy the first few days and probably won't be calling for any interviews.

When can you take the test again?

4. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 20, 2007

Is it a whine fest or wine fest?

Only 2 rejections? How many interviews have you been on? Do you have your subbing papers in?

Get studying on that math- math is a high demand area in many districts.

5. Big Shirley

Big Shirley Companion

Aug 20, 2007

Sorry about your math test and about the rejection letters. I don't even open them any more. I throw them directly into the garbage bin. It makes me feel a little better (not much).
    Keep applying for everything you can.

Good luck.

6. teach101

teach101 Companion

Aug 20, 2007

Czacza, LOL...I think it is whine, but wine may just as well do. Well, I have been on two internviews and well got two rejection letters, go figure :) I need benefits so I can't sub and that is the reason I am not student teaching.

MatGrad, Sorry about having to live near a bus stop. At least I we have 1.5 weeks left until school starts so maybe something will come up. Good news, though, is I called a local district about an opening in math explaining my situation and she asked me to come in to talk tomorrow. She said she has three openings and really needs math teachers. So there may be hope! I don't want to get my hopes up but I found another district that has a board meeting to hire both English and Math teachers. I just needed some encouraging friends from this site to get my through this. Guess I will be re-taking the test Sept. 15th, with results coming in on my daughter's birthday (that has to be a good sign -huh?)

Thanks again for keeping my spirits up :)

7. teach101

teach101 Companion

Aug 20, 2007

OMG!! I just got a call from the same principal I interviewed with (got rejected) two weeks ago for another interview for a Math teacher position. This is so great!

8. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 21, 2007

Wow! Great!! In addition you should send out as many resumes to schools you may have missed for a last round of possible interviews- you shouldn't be too discouraged after only two interviews... Good luck with this upcoming one- the principal must have liked you to want you back. Think positive- this one is yours for the taking. :D

9. MarshNConsMom

MarshNConsMom Rookie

Aug 21, 2007

Good luck on your next interview! The principal must think highly of you to re interview you for another position. :)

10. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Aug 21, 2007

teach101, eight points on a CSET subtest is generally a bridgeable gap. When you get your official score report, check side 2 - that can give you a little help in seeing where to focus for next time. You might also want to check in with innovationguy (who's around Riverside), or if you're nearer San Diego, pm me for a recommendation (no, it isn't me).

11. teach101

teach101 Companion

Aug 21, 2007

Well I think the district office likes me, not sure about the principal. But I sure hope so! Thanks for the encouraging words.

I am actually in Ventura county, but will definately consider some sort of tutoring becuase I have to pass it in order to get in my 8 months on a university internship (that gives me sept 15 to take the test and oct 15th for my results-Man is that cutting it close).

12. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Aug 21, 2007

See if the math department at UC Santa Barbara can recommend a grad student who's a really good tutor and sympathetic to teachers.

13. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Aug 21, 2007

I had a boss at Office Depot who would say, "You want some cheese with your whine?" Didn't know he was being sarcastic!

I thought I pass along some job hunting news...

I got another call from this director who wanted me to do some consulting. She called me in april, and was desperate. "I need a Type 04 teacher now! Are you interested?" I said no. "Well, do you know anyone else who is, can you ask around, and tell me how to post this job." Uh, no! Jeez, I don't work for you!

She called me again yesterday! "Are you still working? I just had my Type 04 pre-k teacher walk out!" Do you still go to college? Can you ask around if anyone wants a job?" I said, "I have a job, thank you, but I don't know anyone who is interested."

"Well can you ask around??" Wow, this lady is burning up my cell phone minutes making it seem like it's mine problem that her teacher just quit!

anyways...hope things get better for everyone. I can post jobs for Chicago...if anyone is interested.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    The New Pisgah Day Care Center has an opening for a Director/Teacher for our CPS Pre-K program.
    We are located at 8130 S. Racine Ave. Chicago .
    We have reviewed your resume and we feel your qualifications align with our job description.

The position starting salary is $40,000 with bonus potential.

We are interviewing Wednesday and Thursday between the hours of 1pm and 9pm at the center.
    If interested please call or contact me today.

Stan Smith
    20 Odyssey Dr .
    Tinley Park IL 60477
    708-473-7726
    708-614-1853 Fax
    Smithstan3@comcast.net