Just hired, need advice on class name

Discussion in 'New Teachers Archives' started by TeachGrd1, May 27, 2005.

1. TeachGrd1

TeachGrd1 Rookie

May 27, 2005

Hi! I just accepted a first grade teaching position. I could use some advice on classroom names and themes. My last name starts with a T, but I am getting married in October and my new last name starts with H. Does anyone have any cute class name ideas that I could make a theme out of for my new classroom? I was thinking maybe Howell's Helpers? Any other ideas out there?

Thanks!

3. iloveteaching

iloveteaching Rookie

May 29, 2005

class name

First of all, congrats on your new job!!! 1st grade, how exciting!! :)
    My last name starts with T but my class theme is the Shinning Stars. Are you that picky about everything starting with an H (or a T)? Let me know!
    ~Theresa

4. cpmy8

cpmy8 New Member

May 29, 2005

names

WHAT ABOUT GIVE THEM LITTLE ANIMALS NAMES? OR FLOWERS OR..

5. TeachGrd1

TeachGrd1 Rookie

May 29, 2005

I'm not very picky at all about what it starts with. I wasn't sure if it had to begin with the first letter of your name or not. I just want something cute and catchy.I thought it would be neat if I could carry the theme into the decor of the classroom as well. Like maybe Tropical Paradise and we would be tortises (sea tortises). Thanks for the advice!

6. TeachWildThings

TeachWildThings Comrade

May 30, 2005

Congrats on your job! Is there a school mascot/name that could be incorporated? Or something in the local geography/town that they might connect with? Or maybe a specific book or social studies coming up or something to do with curriculum or subject matter that your covering. Or Howell's Heroes & you could have them involved in some community service projects that tie in to the curriculum...