Just had two girls get into a fight in my classroom over....

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Caesar753, May 20, 2011.

1. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

May 20, 2011

whether another girl's eyebrows were fake.

First time for everything, I suppose.

(And what's bad is that both these girls are very good students. They both have big personalities and I can see how the altercation erupted, but it still surprises me.)

3. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

May 20, 2011

There are fake eyebrows?

4. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

May 20, 2011

:lol:

I'm still not clear on that.

5. MissAbbeyMarie

MissAbbeyMarie Rookie

May 21, 2011

THAT IS HILARIOUS!!!
    Yes, there are fake eyebrows in many forms surprisingly.
    I don't think I have ever had a fight in my room that can top that, although there was one over fake hair.

6. dibba

dibba Rookie

Jun 19, 2011

I'm a guy, but I'm pretty sure the "fake eyebrows" are the ones that are "drawn" on with a marker or whatever you'd use.

7. Teaching Grace

Teaching Grace Connoisseur

Jun 19, 2011

I know a girl who had her's tattooed (sp?) on so that she didn't have to pluck them anymore. Later she had her eyeliner done too. Craziness...

8. LUCHopefulTeach

LUCHopefulTeach Habitué

Jun 19, 2011

Ah! This thread makes me feel like I am back in high school. In my high school, most females shaved and heavily drew on their eyebrows where it looked as if they used sharpie!

9. The Maestro

The Maestro Rookie

Jun 19, 2011

Shaving off your eyebrows then using a Sharpee to draw them back in used to be big in California maybe about ten years ago among the girls who wanted to look like gangbanger wannabes. It seems to have died down as a fashion choice ... which was fine with me as I thought it made the kids look incredibly fake. I'm actually surprised there are still girls doing that; I haven't seen any this year.

Then again, it was around that time that I saw a number of kids walking around with pacifiers as a fashion choice. That one cut across all lines, and I had to laugh when one kid yelled at me "Don't treat me like a kid!" while she had a pacifier toy around her neck. And how can I forget kids wearing their jackets backwards?

Now, if only sagging would go away ...

10. Lynn K.

Lynn K. Habitué

Jun 19, 2011

Remember when it was cool to wear you clothes with the price tags still on them? Crazy...

11. Sarge

Sarge Enthusiast

Jun 19, 2011

My first graders put their hoodies on backwards all the time. Then they pull the hood up over their face and pretend to be Spiderman, soon realizing, however, that Spiderman could actually see where he was going and not bump into things. After that, however, the drop the Spiderman persona in favor of the slapstick humor of bumping into things. They do that until I tell them to go back to their seat.

As for sagging, it seems have been replace by skinny jeans up her in NorCal. I've also seen a wider demographic riding fixed gear bikes complete with colored rims and super narrow handlebars. The fixed gear trend is dying out among hipster bike messenger wannabes in favor of vintage road bikes. Funny to see gangster-looking kids riding them.

12. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jun 19, 2011

Here we have this bizarre phenomenon of sagging skinny jeans. It makes me shake my head every time I see it, which is frequently, as in almost all the guys at my school.

13. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Jun 19, 2011

That's just too funny!

All of my girl fights are over a guy, and it's nearly always over a guy of questionable worth as boyfriend material. One year I had an all-female class with a few rough girls in it. Two of them weren't in class because they'd gotten into a fight over a guy who was . . . well . . . not that great. He had a bad attitude, and he never did anything at school other than cause trouble. He wasn't clean, and he talked awful to the girls. He'd been removed from my class the previous year because he'd called me a b*tch after I removed him from the cafeteria after I caught him calling girls c*nts during lunch. Real charmer, that one. Before I could stop myself, I asked the class if the girls were fighting over who had to take him. Oops!

14. knitter63

knitter63 Groupie

Jun 20, 2011

Sagging skinny jeans are in where I'm from too! Ugh! I tell the kids-you don't want to see my underwear, do you? Then I don't want to see yours! Ima, that is hilarious. Why do the girls always go for the bad boy? It's the same in my classroom! At 5th grade, the boys haven't caught up yet-hormonally, that is-but it pains me to see that they chase after the boys who are always in trouble!

15. callmebob

callmebob Enthusiast

Jun 20, 2011

This is just laughable.

16. old_School

old_School Rookie

Jun 20, 2011

I hate sagging jean people. Makes me want to just follow behind them with close pinns or start throwing belts at them to wear. Saddly someof them wear belts but I guess they don't know how to use one. Sagging jeans is just plain distateful style. I know when I was a kid, we too did some weird styles but nothing really to revealing or distasteful. Maybe borderline dumb but not distasteful.

17. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jun 22, 2011

I'm sure you mean you hate the 'sagging pants style' and not actually the PEOPLE.:eek: